Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

questions about TiLite wheelchair from quad..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many inches is it between the front of the cushion and the back of your legs? Looks to be about 1"-2". It does appear as though your footrest needs to go up or your seat down, I think that will solve your problem. Maybe you can temporarily duct tape something to the footrest to raise your feet up an inch or two just to see what it's like before going through the effort of a more permanent fix.

Comment

Originally posted by underthesun View Post
      Sorry about the bad photo quality but here are photos:

1-shows position of legs
      2-foot positioning with shoes (usually I have the velcro tucking my shoes in at the front)
      3-foot positioning w/o shoes (the footplates does not support my feet)

IMO the cushion is long for you, is the problem that your legs can`t go a behind for have your feet ok in the footplate, and your footplate need to be higher.

3) When deciding the height of the footrest, what should you consider? I have the problem of my foot continually falling off my footrest, especially when I go over bumps. .

Thank you in advance!
      Again, the cushion and the footrest height is part of your problem.

Comment

How tall are you? maybe you need a smaller chair. I agree with the others your cushion is too long.
        A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
          If it is possible to get your cushion pushed back further, your feet would sit better.
          Brianm, you seem to have good posture in your chair. Do you mind my asking what the angle of your backrest is?

Comment

Originally posted by lazierdog View Post
            How many inches is it between the front of the cushion and the back of your legs? Looks to be about 1"-2". It does appear as though your footrest needs to go up or your seat down, I think that will solve your problem. Maybe you can temporarily duct tape something to the footrest to raise your feet up an inch or two just to see what it's like before going through the effort of a more permanent fix.
            The space in between the cushion and the back of my leg is around 1". Actually, I tried a foam cushion for a trial period but with it, my feet popped out even more often than without it. You're right though...the footrest should be higher or the seat lowered.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
              IMO the cushion is long for you, is the problem that your legs can`t go a behind for have your feet ok in the footplate, and your footplate need to be higher.

Again, the cushion and the footrest height is part of your problem.
              The seat cushion is "cliffing" slightly over the upholstery!

Thanks for your suggestions! I need to alter my cushion.

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
                How tall are you? maybe you need a smaller chair. I agree with the others your cushion is too long.
                I'm 5'1". A smaller chair? To be honest, because of my most recent nightmare with a new chair that had new measurements, I'm afraid of making anything other than minor adjustments. ^^

You and the others are right about the cushion size...thanks!

Comment

Brianm, you seem to have good posture in your chair. Do you mind my asking what the angle of your backrest is?
                  8 degees back from straight. 98 degrees.
                  C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                    8 degees back from straight. 98 degrees.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X