Tilite zra help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
    Wheelchair manufacturers do not take cushions into account, because there is such a variety of sizes.

Your current chair, it doesn't look like you can adjust your rear seat height or center-of-gravity (COG), am I correct? If so, I wonder if you would be happier with a ZR or TR.

Try contacting TiLite and ask if they have a TiLite rep. anywhere near you where you could get a demo chair, this would be very helpful for you.
    My chair has no adjustable settings. I prefer the ZRa because I don't want to get stuck with a chair that doesn't fit me. I want the safety of the adjustments.

So you are saying, when I order my chair I must add the 1.5 inches to "front seat to footplate"?
    Uphills are overated

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
      I like anti tippers to be safe depends on the terrain I can flip mine up if I do not need them .
      some ppl are more nervier than I but I rather be safe than sorry .99% time i rely on my anti tippers .
      My neck is too precious .

I prefer my dump / settings where I sit back and just about pop a wheelie so that I have decent weight distribution for manouvering .
      I'll throw out my specs here in a day or so .

GL
      Thanks. That would be very helpful
      Uphills are overated

Comment

Originally posted by Juan_77 View Post
        Rear seat height 15
        Front seat height 19-20
        Backrest height 16-18
        Rear wheel spacing 1, although I need help with this.
        lol, thanks for the pictures. Your friend with the hookah reminds me of someone I used to know.

anyway, I'm curious if you self-transfer? Your current chair has A LOT of dump which makes transferring out way more difficult. Have you tried less dump? The majority of quads find 3-3.5" of dump sufficient to stay in their chair. Hang your arms/hands straight down in line with the center of your wheels and see how far down your fingertips extend while sitting straight. Your fingertips should meet the middle of the axle. That way you are not lifting your shoulders too far up at the top of your push. I tried the amount of dump you use on my first wheelchair (a ZRa) and my lower back was constantly in pain. Just an observation.

As far as rear wheel spacing is concerned I would bring it in to 0.75". You won't have to reach out so far to push keeping your shoulders closer together will give you a better push. If you find it uncomfortable you can always lengthen the axles and space out the wheels to 1".

I definitely think a ZRa will suit you, the adjustability allows you to tweak it to find the best center of gravity and dump. Although if you are happy with the dump you have and are unlikely to change it you might consider another box frame like you have - the TiLite TR has adjustable center of gravity and would be slightly lighter and cheaper, although its doubtful you can get a rear seat height as low as you are considering.

Fill out order forms to practice and see what's available. Demo if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
          lol, thanks for the pictures. Your friend with the hookah reminds me of someone I used to know.

anyway, I'm curious if you self-transfer? Your current chair has A LOT of dump which makes transferring out way more difficult. Have you tried less dump? The majority of quads find 3-3.5" of dump sufficient to stay in their chair. Hang your arms/hands straight down in line with the center of your wheels and see how far down your fingertips extend while sitting straight. Your fingertips should meet the middle of the axle. That way you are not lifting your shoulders too far up at the top of your push. I tried the amount of dump you use on my first wheelchair (a ZRa) and my lower back was constantly in pain. Just an observation.

As far as rear wheel spacing is concerned I would bring it in to 0.75". You won't have to reach out so far to push keeping your shoulders closer together will give you a better push. If you find it uncomfortable you can always lengthen the axles and space out the wheels to 1".

I definitely think a ZRa will suit you, the adjustability allows you to tweak it to find the best center of gravity and dump. Although if you are happy with the dump you have and are unlikely to change it you might consider another box frame like you have - the TiLite TR has adjustable center of gravity and would be slightly lighter and cheaper, although its doubtful you can get a rear seat height as low as you are considering.

Fill out order forms to practice and see what's available. Demo if at all possible.
          I don't transfer myself yet. I am strong enough and capable, but my balance isn't nearly good enough. My dump isn't too extreme. In all those pics I'm leaning on my tip wheel. Bad habit.
          Uphills are overated

Comment

so far I have these specs for the Ti ZRa series 2:

Rear seat height 15
            Front seat height 19-20
            Originally posted by tooley View Post

anyway, I'm curious if you self-transfer? Your current chair has A LOT of dump which makes transferring out way more difficult. Have you tried less dump? The majority of quads find 3-3.5" of dump sufficient to stay in their chair. Hang your arms/hands straight down in line with the center of your wheels and see how far down your fingertips extend while sitting straight. Your fingertips should meet the middle of the axle. That way you are not lifting your shoulders too far up at the top of your push.
            In all those pics I'm leaning on my tip wheel.
            Juan, your specs say your dump is 4-5" independent of your pics; Tooley's advice may still apply. The finger-tip-on-axle is pretty much the gold standard for efficient propulsion for long-term shoulder health (based on research - see page 8 of attachment).
            Last edited by chasmengr; 07-03-2011, 12:43 PM.
            Chas
            TiLite TR3
            Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
            I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
            <
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
              Juan, your specs say your dump is 4-5" independent of your pics; Tooley's advice may still apply. The finger-tip-on-axle is pretty much the gold standard for efficient propulsion for long-term shoulder health (based on research - see page 8 of attachment).
              My fingertips are on my axle when seated. I wont deviate from that. checked my dump now on my current chair, and it's 5.6. It's a bit much. I'm thinking of getting a dump of 4 on the Ti and adjusting if needed.

Please realize since rehab I've had no help from professionals. I'm trying to learn everything from scratch.

What is the standard rear wheel size? 24 inch?
              Uphills are overated

Comment

What is the standard rear wheel size? 24 inch?
                (I've been in a chair only 8 months.) From what I've read and noticed, 24" wheels are the standard, adult, everyday-wheelchair size. Sports-chair users often like larger wheels (25-26") for use on smooth flat surfaces (e.g., basketball courts). The larger wheels can be hard to get rolling from a dead stop, but they are really fast once you're moving. Exerienced everyday users sometimes like larger wheels. Small-framed people (e.g., children) often use 20" or 22" wheels.

Be aware the Inch sizing of bicycle/wheelchair wheels is nonstandard. The worldwide standard for measuring these wheels is set by ETRTO. So you will see other nomenclature used: 540=24", 559=25", 590=26". These #s are in mm of rim diameter. You will also see tire nomenclature like 25-540, which is equivalent to a 24x1 tire (25mm=~1"). The most common discrepancy in Inch sizing of which I'm aware is that a 25" wheelchair wheel (559) is considered a 26" mountain-bike tire.

Example:
                Last edited by chasmengr; 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM.
                Chas
                TiLite TR3
                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Now I have an important question. will your cushion change the specs once its on the chair? for example: If my legs (from back of knees to feet) is 16, they will build it with those specs. That's 16 from front seat height to footrest, but once I add my cushion It will be increased by about 1.5. So should I take the cushion into account and make it 17.5, or do they take that into account when they build the chair?

I hope you all can follow that. I tried to make it simple
                  Here is what a TiLite order form says: "SEAT TO FOOTREST/FOOTRESTS - Measure from front edge of seat sling to top rear of footrest."

I highly recommend printing the order form for a ZRA and studying it indepth. From your numbers above, I would think the seat to footrest measurement would be 14.5". Anyone can feel free to correct me.
                  C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Thanks so much. I'm going through the order form and I'm going to email the sales consultant for some advice
                    Uphills are overated

Comment

Working...
                    X