marathon v righht runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tooley View Post
    In that case, I'll take the old set off your hands!
    Well, the reason for the new ones is because one of the old ones has about a 1.5" slit in it.

Have you tried a "court" tire such as a RightRun/SpeedRun/Kontender? I switched from the horrrible solid Shox straight to SpeedRuns and my shoulders are still thanking me. I'll agree with john that they do slide rather vexatiously on smooth cement but not having any tread to track shit into the house is worth it to me. The last freak snowstorm we had made me realize treaded tires are over-rated. I have a set of SLX's with 2" knobbies for powder days but otherwise gimme my SpeedRuns!
    Kinda funny I run SR's on my day-chair and herringbone-treaded RightRuns on my sports chair. I find the slight tread used with the high camber grips the floor better as well the sidewalls are stiffer which equates to less flats caused by impacts from other players.
    I have never considered the other tires because I prefer tires with tread for our winter weather. You being in Canada clearly have worse winters, but you also mention the ability to switch tires, this isn't an option for me.

I need to comment, for those that haven't used MP's, these are still far better than regular non-high pressure tires.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

My next tires will be speedruns.

Comment

I haven't been able to figure out the difference between Marathon Plus and Marathon Plus Evolution. My chair came with the Evo's so I stayed with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
          I haven't been able to figure out the difference between Marathon Plus and Marathon Plus Evolution. My chair came with the Evo's so I stayed with them.
          According to Schwalbe's website, MPEs are nonmarking (Black&Roll) while MPs are not. I think that's the only difference.
          Chas
          TiLite TR3
          Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
          I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
          <
          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
            According to Schwalbe's website, MPEs are nonmarking (Black&Roll) while MPs are not. I think that's the only difference.
            Thanks Chas, that is all I saw as well but was thinking there must be more, maybe not.

Comment

Working...
            X