How to remove thumb guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove thumb guard?

Dropped my wheel from car quite badly, and the alignment of the wheel is a little out now. When rolling, my chair tends to pull to one side, and wooper as well.

I took it to the bicycle shop to adjust the alignment. But the bicycle guy told me that they couldn't do it, because there was a handrim with the wheel. Is it true?

What about taking off the handrim? Do we need to do that?

If taking off the natural fit handrim, what are the things we need to know?
    Also how to install it back ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

instructions
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
      Thanks, chasmengr

Comment

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
        I took it to the bicycle shop to adjust the alignment. But the bicycle guy told me that they couldn't do it, because there was a handrim with the wheel. Is it true?

What about taking off the handrim? Do we need to do that?

If taking off the natural fit handrim, what are the things we need to know?
        Also how to install it back ?
        You don`t need to take out the handrim for alignment the wheel, but probably the tool that the bike shop has couldn`t fit the wheel with the rim on, so that`s why they told you that, try with another guys for if the have some other alignment wheel tool that could fit the wheel with the rim on.

You could even read some tuttorials of alignment&balanced wheels and try to do it yourself.

Comment

Depending on how badly bent the wheel is, normal spoke adjustments might not be enough. They may have to give the wheel a good whack , which may require the removal of the handrim.

Comment

Thanks Toto and Lazierdog.

Comment

Now , alignment has fix, but trouble install the handrim back, the spacer seems like a hindrance for me to screw in, is there any special way to screw it?

Comment

picture?
                Chas
                TiLite TR3
                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                  picture?
                  If I don't put the spacer, the screw has no problem fitting in the hole, but now....

Comment

You only have to force tabs for bolts can fit, and don`t tight the bolts, just give a few turns and once you`ve got all start tighting.

Anyway i don`t understand looking at the pic where is the problem, because all look ok, try things, turn spacers, force tabs ...

Comment

should I file the spacer?

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                        You only have to force tabs for bolts can fit, and don`t tight the bolts, just give a few turns and once you`ve got all start tighting.

Anyway i don`t understand looking at the pic where is the problem, because all look ok, try things, turn spacers, force tabs ...
                        Once I put on the spacer, the mounting holes on the wheel does not match up with the rivet-nut holes.

Comment

Bend the tab the screw is passing through until it lines up but not so far as it breaks off or cracks. I think that's what totol1 meant by "...you only have force the tab..."
                          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                            Bend the tab the screw is passing through until it lines up but not so far as it breaks off or cracks. I think that's what totol1 meant by "...you only have force the tab..."
                            sorry it was just a quick bad english answer.

I will try it again: you only have to force tabs for bend them a bit, that`s all.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                              sorry it was just a quick bad english answer.

I will try it again: you only have to force tabs for bend them a bit, that`s all.

Tu Inglés es mucho mejor que mi español, incluso después de años de estudio.
                              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Working...
                              X