Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank Ti Lite, Invacare, Quickie, Ki Mobility. best option.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rank Ti Lite, Invacare, Quickie, Ki Mobility. best option.

What's your preferred brand, and what are some others that you would suggest?

lets drop Quickie and maybe Invacare from that list.

Comment

From many months of reading posts here, the favorites among users on this site include TiLite, Lasher, Oracing, Colours, and Top End (in no particular order). The least favorite is Quickie (Sunrise), except some users love Quickie's new Q7 (Helium). Many are also excited about the Icon, which is not yet available for purchase.

When I was choosing my first chair, I researched the order forms to cull out the various available choices that were important to me. The features that really narrowed my list included frame style, rear-seat-height-adjustment range and ease, flip-back footrest, future power-assist compatibility, and manufacturer reputation. Once I decided what was important to me, the list of choices was very short (i.e., 2-3 chairs).

Here is a screen capture of my links to a number of ultralight manufacturers:
      Last edited by chasmengr; 8 Jun 2011, 7:48 PM.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I will personally never own another Tilite chair after my catastrophe with my ZRA s2. It works well now but it took 6 months of unnecessary arguing and unneeded stress from the DME and with Tilite. Todd from Tilite on the other hand was great to deal with. Overall bad experience with my first chair.
        www.KeithLarocque.com

Comment

I am sitting in a new Quickie GT. I have doubts that it will stand up under serious use.
          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Still using my Quickie HP2 as my manual chair many years later. It doesn't get a lot of use these days, but it has held up well.

Comment

1. Tilite
              2. Invacare
              3. Quickie

Comment

Tilite is the only one for me. Hated invacare and quickie.
                DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

My quickie 2 hp titanium is 17 years old! They do need maintenance, as do bicycles (upholstery, tires, bearings, some plastic interfaces)! No cracks in frame, aligned well, traveled all over with it. Best chair they ever made.
                  The availability of parts is great, and the dealer we order from knows his stuff!

Comment

A full welded tilite

Comment

Your footplate

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                      A full welded tilite
                      Toto, you had a post on here about the aluminum foot plates that you made.
                      I want to see those photos again, where are they?

Gary
                      Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by K-dog View Post
                        I will personally never own another Tilite chair after my catastrophe with my ZRA s2. It works well now but it took 6 months of unnecessary arguing and unneeded stress from the DME and with Tilite. Todd from Tilite on the other hand was great to deal with. Overall bad experience with my first chair.

I just got my Ti ZR and after some aggravating adjustments, it beats my Quickie in every way except the back upholstery.

The Ti upholstery is shoddy cheap and junk.

I just happened to have a new quickie back (upholstery only) in the closet, put it on the Ti, now I have my perfect chair.

The ZR a is a keeper.

I love it!
                        Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X