No announcement yet.

&^%(*#@$ VaN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to hear about your situation Eileen. I have a Ford E150 conversion van with Braun side lift in very good shape. It still run very good. It has 2 gas tanks. The only problem is one of the gas tank is not pumbing. If you live in NJ you are welcome to stop by to pick her up.
    We also have a town and country. Bought it brand new from the dealer and all I remember is problems after problems. I would never buy a dodge or a chrysler again.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tinng321 View Post
      We also have a town and country. Bought it brand new from the dealer and all I remember is problems after problems. I would never buy a dodge or a chrysler again.
      In my previously life I was a land surveyor, so the trucks were our primary conveyance. Anyone who owned a dodge truck was a source of ridicule. Their trucks would break all the time.

My caravan comes from a quad friend who left it to me in her will. It came just as my first quadmobile, a GMC was dying.

Comment

Originally posted by tinng321 View Post
        I'm sorry to hear about your situation Eileen. I have a Ford E150 conversion van with Braun side lift in very good shape. It still run very good. It has 2 gas tanks. The only problem is one of the gas tank is not pumbing. If you live in NJ you are welcome to stop by to pick her up.
        Wow, thank you so much for your incredibly generous offer. As it stands now I have an appointment bright and early tomorrow to have it looked at. Hopefully it will get fixed again and give me at least a month or two before the next expense. Your generosity is very much appreciated.

Comment

I hope your bill is shockingly inexpensive.
          I filled and washed our van today and it was $86! Yikes!

Comment

I know it's going to cost me a couple of thousand dollar$ (and I'm talking expensive Canadian dollars ) if I want to keep the van running. I know three other peers who have vans that they can't afford to fix. Not a huge problem in Vancouver where transit is 100% wheelchair accessible. But is a huge problem if you live in a community without accessible transit.

Comment

OK, the van in now fixed. They replaced the cable thingie that closes and opens the door, swept up a winters worth of sand from the door track, and lubricated all the pivots and hinges. It was slightly over $400, so hopefully this will be it for at least a little while (she pleads to the universe.....)

Comment

Glad it was not worse, but bad enough.
                Let's hope it is ship shape, tuned up and maintained for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                X