Come Visit Topolino at Abilities Expo May 20-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
    Excellent question! Curiosity got the best of me . . . so I went trolling.

from Topolino:

"WHAT HAPPENS IF I BREAK A SPOKE?
    Topolino's carbon fiber spokes are incredibly strong and tough. Further, these spokes are not subject to flex fatigue like steel spokes, because they cannot move where they join the hub and do not experience the bend and squirm associated with conventional steel spokes. A small cosmetic nick in the spoke should normally be no problem. If a spoke ever does somehow fail, half of the spokes and one side of the hub are removed and replaced as one modular piece. Although not as inexpensive as a traditional steel spoke, the process is relatively straightforward (no special tools) and these replacement "halves" are provided at a very reasonable cost."
    Thanks for the link, Chas. Given the relatively steep price for these wheels, I would be curious to know what a "reasonable cost" might add up to. Your ball, Joe.
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If it's not covered under our one year warranty, it is $95 to change the wheel half with the broken spoke, and we do it here at our factory in Bethel, CT.

Comment

Working...
      X