I did it, I did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it, I did it!

Thanks to all of the generous people on this board with their time, knowledge and parts, I bought a tiny camber tube, traded some axels, drank some champagne, used some tools in a bikini and now have some seriously slim fitting wheels!

I am now an inch and three quarters narrower than I was before! How is that for an instant slimming affect? I even fit all the way under my desk now.

I had been waiting for the camber tube for a week and a half from Tilite and it finally arrived just after a nice hot tub soak and champagne sip that my husband arranged knowing I was quite anxious about it all. And yes, on our way back in the golf cart the tube was there waiting for me. I got down to business right away before even changing.

It was a little challenging to get the camber tube centered since it was millimeters to spare on either side. More like a hairs width. In the end I slightly dremeled a bolt and we are perfect.

Thanks everyone for all your help. Couldn't have done it without you!
    Oli

Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

Comment

Congrats...Your post begs for a Pic of you in the bikini...lol

Comment

If there is any camber at all,make sure that the toe-in/out is set O. You can use a square and place it against the flat slot on the camber tube and square it to the floor.

Congrats girl, yeah that description does require a photo or two lol. Girl in a bikini with tools; everymans dream.

Comment

Good job Oli!

Comment

Thanks Patrick, I did it by eye because I was on the floor holding things with one hand and trying to measure with the other and so on. Needed one more arm. I will go back with a level thingy and make sure it is correct. I at least knew to look and see which way it should be going... I have 4 degrees of camber by the way...

Hehe, my hubby said I should have videoed the whole thing with the bathing suit on. I said I would pass on that but that it WAS funny.

Seriously, thanks everyone for all the education.

Oli

Comment

Oli- I'm just trying to be a smart A** so don't take this wrong

Patrick said to use the square thingy thats the L shaped level without the bubbles
              Sorry, just had to explain it the way I do to my girls, my husband gets so frustrated when I tell them I need the plus or minus screwdriver. He says they should know the correct names but hey, they get the right one when I say plus or minus.

Comment

Well, I don't have a square but I do have a thing with the bubbles that go at every angle so I should be able to use it to make sure it is straight up and down. Doing my best and trying not to buy more stuff. I live in a TINY trailer. hehe
                Oli

Comment

COngratulations Oli.... Your excitement is evident in your post!!!!! Isn't it fun to accomplish new things!!!?
                  L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Comment

Either one ladies, will work. Either the L thingy or the I thingy with bubbles on it. Congrats. Oli, you persevered and conquered. We're all proud of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                      If there is any camber at all,make sure that the toe-in/out is set O. You can use a square and place it against the flat slot on the camber tube and square it to the floor.

Congrats girl, yeah that description does require a photo or two lol. Girl in a bikini with tools; everymans dream.
                      dremel and bikini +2
                      cauda equina

Comment

I don't think Oli is gonna live this one down Metro lol.

Comment

Good for you, Oli! (and, fwiw, I think the Internet needs another image of a bikini clad girl like I need another spinal cord injury. )

Cheers,
                          Dale
                          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Yeah, especially a married one! Hehe

I think at this point my chair is finished and fitting as well as it is ever going to. And it is all thanks to you guys.

Now I still have to master the wheelie. I almost got pitched out trying to go up a driveway. I didn't quite judge the lip and hit it with too much speed at the wrong angle. I was ok though.

I have been practicing the wheelies in the house with the couch behind me and am getting 'better' at them but not proficient yet. Especially not for a little curb or anything.

I need to get better to manage the world around me. I have been working out and practicing on some steep hills to build strength though...

Oli

Comment

Actually doing wheelies going down hill are 10x easier than on a flat road..

Never found a reason to do a wheelie going uphill..
                              ---------
                              C5-6 / '88

Comment

Working...
                              X