How much crap do you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much crap do you...

have on your chair? I notice a lot of people try and get the lightest chair possible, e.g. titanium, carbon fiber, spinergy wheels, etc. I myself have a TiLite TR. However, I can't help but carry all sorts of stuff with me. I have 2 pouches underneath, one for the wallet, keys, pocket change, and cell and the other for tools, tubes and a small hand pump. I also have a backpack for meds, medical supplies, snacks, glasses, and other misc. junk. I believe I've narrowed it down to the basic essentials but swear it must be another 10 lbs. I know that if I leave the bag with tools at home, fate will intervene and something will break down. Do you carry this much?

Yeah pretty much! All that plus a bunch of intermittent cath kits.
    Andrew

Comment

I carry a small bag with cath stuff + wallet + pen + iphone. That's it. If I lived in a big city & didn't use my car to get around, I might carry more. Spare tubes / tools / etc are in the car.

Comment

I just carry in a pocket i`ve got in the seat my wallet, phone, keys,pen and a razor knife.

Comment

Wallet, phone, keys, favorite pocket knife in a Case Logic carrier on the left frame down tube. I have a small backpack in the car with spare tubes and tools to change tires and catheters. I don't carry that stuff with me, but it's never far.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Like others,

Wallet, phone, keys, small folding multi-tool, in one pocket of an Advantage small Down Under bag. Four 700ml Coloplast hydro bag caths, and 4 gloves in the 2nd pocket.

Backpack in van with more caths, tools, and other crap. I used to carry the backpack on back of chair but learned I hardly ever needed to get in it. And it weighs a ton.
            "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Pouch under the seat with - wallet, phone, keys, pen. If and only if I figure I am going to need the back pack I have a portable cath, multi-tool, tire repair kit. (I have a spare tube and tire in my van along with a pump) touch wood I have yet to need them.

Comment

Bag with bike tool (wrenches, pliers etc), wallet, pen, gum, sunscreen. Cooler with ice packs to regulate my temp in the summer. Any less equipment and I start to freak that something bad will happen. Crazy but true.

Comment

I don't have anything attached to my chair other that neoprene frame guards and calf strap. Everything else goes in my messenger bag.

Comment

I don't carry anything with me such as tools. I'm not that hard on my chair, so its very unlikely that something will break. 25 years being in a chair and I've never owned a backpack. Cath stuff fits in my purse.
                    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

I am a minimalist by nature and new to my chair so I am not in the best shape for pushing far. So, I want this thing as light as possible. I took everything off of it that wasn't needed.

Right now I have a small net below my seat that I took apart and modified to be slim and tight.

I have a small leather purse that goes in the net carries my essentials (wallet, gloves, keys, dog leash, Dr. Pepper lip balm). When in the chair I usually wear the gloves and the leash is attached to my Service Dog.

Everything else I carry in my car which has all kinds of crap in it. Most of it for my Service Dog...

That is it, just my tiny purse!
                      Oli

Comment

Just my own body (plenty heavy enough all by itself) and whatever I can fit in the pockets of my blue jeans.
                        Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

Comment

Thanks for the posts. I try to keep it simple too, but I don't like to keep things like tubes in the car. Reason being, I figure the hot summer days will eventually ruin the rubber and will render it useless when I need it most. Also, there have been numerous occasions when someone asked me if I had a hex key, pliers, scissors, flashlight, etc. As for the medical supplies, it will always be within arms reach. I guess I've lived with it for over 15 years, what's another 15 plus, right? Though I can see how it would be a pain if you have to take the chair apart to get it in a car.

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
                            I don't carry anything with me such as tools. I'm not that hard on my chair, so its very unlikely that something will break. 25 years being in a chair and I've never owned a backpack. Cath stuff fits in my purse.
                            What do you do with your purse when you're on the move? Shoulder strap with the bag sitting in your lap?

Comment

my chair has nothing on it really, tilite zr 2, lx wheels, no breaks, thats it! anything i need i carry in my pocket/coat pocket
                              Injured:10-16-04
                              C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
                              Blog:
                              http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
                              Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
                              Progress:
                              http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
                              My drawings:
                              http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment