Nustep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nustep

i have a nustep t5 and the monitor is going haywire. called nustep and they are sending new monitor, connecting ribbon, and other components to replace. no questions asked, just request send back old parts for warranty and the guy on the phone was as nice as could be. excellent customer service, If all medical equipment makers were like this, life would be so much easier. The NuStep is the best purchase i've made since SCI other than the required wheelchair.

Are you able to use it on it's own, or do you have the leg supports that help keep legs in control?

Comment

Originally posted by jgrant27 View Post
      Are you able to use it on it's own, or do you have the leg supports that help keep legs in control?
      i use leg supports, i can control my left leg, but it's easier to just use the supports

Comment

I so wanted one after getting out of re-hab but could NOT afford it!

Comment

Watch Ebay Duge. Thats where I bought Davids, actually drove over your way to pick it up.

Comment

It was the best thing that helped strengthen my legs while I was in rehab. It was actually one machine that I loved working on!!!!!!!

Comment

Couldn't agree more. I had never heard of it till a member of this site told me about it and then I just had to have one for David, looked and looked and finally found one. Good luck in your search.

Comment

I really like the nu step I used it in the rehab unit and the center where I exercise has 5 of them. My daughter brought me over a recumbent bike and I use it here at the house. Nu step is easier. Great to strengthen legs.
                JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

Is the NuStep a power unit or do you provide all the power? I have a Theracycle and would like to do more under my own power but don't know if I would be strong enough. I have heard great things about the T5.

Comment

Originally posted by mkimmich View Post
                    Is the NuStep a power unit or do you provide all the power? I have a Theracycle and would like to do more under my own power but don't know if I would be strong enough. I have heard great things about the T5.
                    it is self powered, the monitor plugs in and it also controls the resistance. it works without plugging in(the monitor) because it produces it own power when in use, but there will be no resistance.

Comment

You can set the resistance from 0-5 or something like that, ours is in the basement and I am too tired to go look

Comment

i see about 25 of the trs4000 on craigslist thruout the us from 1500-4000 so there are used ones out there depends were you live .....

Comment

i looked at the 4000series at the abilities expo and talking to the rep, theere are several difference between the series. the T5 is a step through design and has a different computer, it has more adjustments for the rider, more user programs(including more options for resistance), and the a big difference is the T5 has a longer stroke on the step. the T5 has a different stop at the end of the stroke resulting in a smoother exercise, too. The next model up also features adjustable angle hand grips, which would be a nice feature for some with limited hand function. The big thing is the leg stabilizers are a costly option for the NuSteps.

Comment

I couldn't agree more j, i used them @ neuroxcel and they were top notch. all of us quads had competitions on them posting who had best times or longest ride in a certain time . but if your on a budget an can afford a 4000 at home its better then not working out ....

Comment

Originally posted by GJ2 View Post
                              I couldn't agree more j, i used them @ neuroxcel and they were top notch. all of us quads had competitions on them posting who had best times or longest ride in a certain time . but if your on a budget an can afford a 4000 at home its better then not working out ....
                              every hospital gym should have one, they're cheaper than a lot of those fancy recumbent bikes and more could use the NuStep. For some a NuStep would be a better piece of DME than a standing frame, they should doing something to make them more available as medical neccessity, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X