Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
    nice.

will you elaborate on the modifications done to the mavic hubs?
    I didn`t do it personally the modifications, i strip the wheel and give the hubs to a CNC operator with a draw of what to do, but the modification i did is only for Oracing, different chairs need different hub modifications, all depends of the red measurement i show you in the pic, in some chairs the same modification could work changing axles, but i did it for use the same axles that i had in my Spinergys, but basically would be the same with different length measurements.
    But there is a lot of work to do, strip the wheels, CNC the hubs, paint the hubs, assembly the wheels again and aligned and balanced them perfect again, they are tubeless wheels, so i don`t have rim strips, but i had to looking for some bolts with the heads no more wide than the center strip of the rim, because for open the holes for pushrims don`t affect to the sides and the only bolts could fit in there was titaniums with a 7.9mm head all was a pain in the arse, of course now that i have did it, the next ones would be easier.
    Someguy in Holland that probably is reading this is going to have this wheels in his new Oracing F2V

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
    Looking good. Hubs are neat. I might like it better without the side guard rails, but that is hard to say. Much stronger looking, I bet it performs great. Nice job!

Yes, they work great, but i miss a bit the fendered, because i get dress in my wheelchair and i`ve got an incomplete insurence and i can pee myself, so i take out my trousers and shirt 3-4 times a day for pee and when i transfer to the chair for get dress again my shirt sometimes touch the wheels so maybe i would speak with Oracing for make me a thinner fendered that fit to the rails.
    Last edited by totoL1; 18 Mar 2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
      so cool you helped design a chair. what an animal you are, i gonna have to work on changing how i load my chair so i can get a fixed back, you make it look so easy.

I don`t make it look so easy, is easy. under12" go for rigid back.
      Mine is 10.62" 27cm

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
      great job toto. love the mavics
      Thanks, me too, i love this fucking wheels, they do zero noises turning, i pay attention to them when i do quick turns waiting some little spokes clanck, but nothing.
      Last edited by totoL1; 18 Mar 2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Great chair, congrats. Can't find the link for the video? A little help please with the link?

Thanks.

Comment

That is an awesome looking ride! Great job!

Comment

Hello totoL1,
            The chair looks great. According to the review there are three options of frame material. Which one is yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Chappell View Post
              Great chair, congrats. Can't find the link for the video? A little help please with the link?

Thanks.
              Is in the end of the review

Comment

Originally posted by foton View Post
                Hello totoL1,
                The chair looks great. According to the review there are three options of frame material. Which one is yours?
                I said it in the review, but i notice that is not in the english tranlation, mines is aluminium.

Comment

It's beautiful- not just like a flower but the engineering, I mean. Great work on design and fabrication.

Showed it to my Hubby and even he wanted one. He's hard to impress!

Comment

[dupe]
                    Chas
                    TiLite TR3
                    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                    <
                    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I forgot the specs of the chair.

25" rear wheels 559
                      4 x 1.4" softroll casters
                      43 cm frame depth 16.92"
                      39cm frame width 15.35"
                      48 cm FSH 19.29"
                      42cm RSH 16.53"
                      8.5cm COG 3.34"
                      27 cm backrest height 10.62"
                      25 cm backrest bar height 9.84"
                      8 cm from inside backrest bar to backrest tube 3.14"
                      21 cm from front footplate to calf bar 8.27"
                      22 cm calf bar width 8.66"
                      backrest angle 90º
                      front angle 90º
                      29cm knee reduction, from inside tube to inside tube 11.41"
                      21 cm footplate width 8.26"
                      14cm footplate deep 5.51"
                      2.5cm footplate inclination( difference between front footplate to floor and back footplate to floor) 1"
                      1.5º camber
                      14cm ergo seat 5.51"
                      Last edited by totoL1; 20 Mar 2011, 8:20 AM. Reason: forgot ergo

Comment

One of the best things this chair have is their backrest, and this is not an option, so probably we are speaking about the best std back uphostery of the market.
                        The sides are made in alcantara leather and the center piece is a microporous spongy clothe.
                        You can feel really involved with this uphostery playing with the tension of the strips, but of course is not the lightest, so who told that i only think in weight?

Ohh! i forget it, this uphostery is what i had in my other chair, so i have been using it for around a year and look how is it, ready for can do a new review with it.
                        Last edited by totoL1; 19 Mar 2011, 6:46 AM.

Comment

nice looking chair.

do you have before and after pictures of the mavic hubs, would love to try and copy that.

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
                            do you have before and after pictures of the mavic hubs, would love to try and copy that.
                            No, i don`t have pics of that, but basically was mechanize the inside hub and insert a piece like the pic.

Comment

Sweet chair! I like how the side guards come all the way up to the arm height.

Comment

toto, how much can you get me that back for u.s. pm me
                                Bike-on.com rep
                                John@bike-on.com
                                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Working...
                                X