No announcement yet.

caster bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS: I run Bones Super Reds lubed with Bones Speed Cream, and am quite happy with them.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I purchased some Bones Speed Cream as you suggested, but haven't tried it yet. I'd be very curious of a compare between your Super Reds and the Ceramic Super Reds.
      C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

So would I. Since my Super Reds work just fine though, I hesitate to invest in ceramics. On skates I could imagine the difference would be noticeable because they turn so much faster - not so much on my chair (I don't descend hills like toto1. . .).
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

The Tilite slipstrem single sided forks uses an R6 bearing but its got a different size inner diameter. does anyone knows what the actual sie of this bearing is?

Comment

R6 = 3/8" x 7/8" x 9/32" (IDxODxThickness)
            Chas
            TiLite TR3

<
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
              R6 = 3/8" x 7/8" x 9/32" (IDxODxThickness)
              great thank you

Comment

Here is a link that talks about the c3 clearance. http://www.bearingworks.com/technica..._clearance.php

It seems to be a bit looser fit than "normal", and could be aimed at poor fitting bearing mounts. Any wheelchair caster I have ever seen easily qualifies on that score.

My wife and I are both light duty users. If we can keep hair from accumulating in the bearings, I think that almost any set will be fine and will last forever.
                T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Working...
                X