New Top End Crossfire T7A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Top End Crossfire T7A

I see Top End has a picture of the coming T7A. In SportAid's email brochure they state...

In today's market, there is not a better deployment of material technology, engineering ingenuity and performance-minded design than the new Invacare® Top End® Crossfire™ T7A. Why? Four words. Super Light. Super Strong.

4 lbs Lighter than Crossfire™ T6A.
    Coming soon...

C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

saving 4 pounds is pretty significant.

so where's the T7?

Comment

Looks good- any word on price?

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post

so where's the T7?
        T7 should be coming out at the same time as the T7A!
        T-7 Complete
        "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Comment

as much as I dislike the Invacare brand name these chairs intrigue me. Curious if they build a v-front end? Sooner or later I'm gonna need a chair with some push handles for stair-bumping while travelling, and they sure as hell aren't going on my Lasher.

Comment

thats just a glorified Kuschall AirLite Pro and their junk. Invacare now owns Kuschall. that whole "seat module" design with pressed in riv nuts into the frame does not hold up, real flexy chair......look closely at how the seat frame attaches to the frame, 4 corner brackets bolted to the frame for adjustability with riv nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post

so where's the T7?
              I asked them directly, about 6-8 months ago, and they said they had no plans for a T7, but they would have a new box and cantilever later this year/early next.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                I asked them directly, about 6-8 months ago, and they said they had no plans for a T7, but they would have a new box and cantilever later this year/early next.
                right on.

Comment

Going after the Q7...

From the T7A Glossy Sell Sheet currently posted on the T7A product page on Invacare's web site...

What was done differently on the T7A to reduce weight...

Invacare/Top End's weight specs versus the competition....

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                    From the T7A Glossy Sell Sheet currently posted on the T7A product page on Invacare's web site...

I hope they didn´t pass the same tests that tilite`s zr2 backrest folding sistem did.

Brands are going in the wrong way, they are only thinking in do chairs lighter than other brands.

Anyway i can`t understand how this could be super strong.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                      I hope they didn´t pass the same tests that tilite`s zr2 backrest folding sistem did.

Brands are going in the wrong way, they are only thinking in do chairs lighter than other brands.

Anyway i can`t understand how this could be super strong.
                      looks like they eliminated the rivnuts pressed into the frame to attach the seat frame module from the Kuschall design.
                      this is my Kuschall that was purchased in 08. hasn't been sat in since Oct 10.

ive popped the forward frame rivnuts from the frame on 2 different occasions. its what made the separate seat to frame design impractical.
                      the NEW 7A design looks much stronger than the Kuschall which from a distance looks identical the to 7A. maybe my constant bitching and complaining to Kuschall led to a change, HaHa. cant wait to see a user review. someone hurry up and buy one, lol
                      Last edited by BobMach; 28 Mar 2011, 4:10 PM.

Comment

Top Ends T7A Wheelchair

I just got a new Top End T7A 3 months ago and I am really not impressed. The frame isn't even level. You can see it with your eye its so bad. Sent pictures to company over 2 months ago because they don't want to replace it and still waiting for an answer back. I got a Jay Cushion and the posts that it bolts too are flimsy and squeak really bad every time I lean back on it. The hardware is already starting to rust. Its heavier than my Quickie GPV. Other than that it does look cool. I should have went with another Quickie, at least Sunrise back up their products.

Comment

Working...
                        X