Wheelchair pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelchair pics

Hi im looking to get a new wheelchair,can some of you post some pics of your pimped rides.Need some ideas ,thank you

Hello Riaan,
    Look at this thread: https://www.carecure.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123070
    I have posted some pics of my chair, Colours Eclipse. This one is aluminum with box-type of frame.

Comment

Here are a few of my new TiLite ZRA I bought it used and it is around 6+ months old I think. I stripped off everything that wasn't necessary so it would be as light as possible because I have super wimpy arms.

I have a zillion adjustments to make on it today but here it is....

Comment

Lasher BT-Mg
        no need to pimp a Lamborghini

Comment

The front wheels are now anodized blue but they're still 4" casters with unitine frog legs. Shoulda gotten green casters to go with the green Dino's. I'll change it soon. (Base chair is a Quickie GTX.)

Edit; the handrims are Natural Fit LT's now. Highly recommended investment!
          I'm Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
            Lasher BT-Mg
            no need to pimp a Lamborghini

Looking good!

Nice to see a different design out of the Lasher shop. I hadnt his fixed backrest or the ZR style axle plate/camber tube mount. I think the V might be stronger but it is undoubtedly lighter with only one down tube there.

What is the bolt just below the backrest where it is welded to the frame rail used for?
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Nice picks,dont know if i should just go back all round

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                Nice to see a different design out of the Lasher shop. I hadnt his fixed backrest or the ZR style axle plate/camber tube mount. I think the V might be stronger but it is undoubtedly lighter with only one down tube there.

What is the bolt just below the backrest where it is welded to the frame rail used for?
                I believe the single downtube has to do with the low RSH (15" with 25" wheels), definitely have no complaints with it.

That's an oopsie bolt. They originally built the chair with a folding back.

Comment

Originally posted by Riaan View Post
                  Nice picks,dont know if i should just go back all round
                  if you do a search of the chairs you're interested in you will find alot of info. Most people here post pics when they get a new ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
                    Here are a few of my new TiLite ZRA I bought it used and it is around 6+ months old I think. I stripped off everything that wasn't necessary so it would be as light as possible because I have super wimpy arms.

I have a zillion adjustments to make on it today but here it is....
                    Nice chair and looks to be in A1 condition too.

Comment

http://www.sirgcal.com/cgi-bin/galle...s/gallery/tett

Comment

Tooley what is that hammock type thing under your chair? The backpack is pretty inefficient for a quad.

Comment

SirGCal i see you have anti tips at the back,have you tried to wheely with them and leave all your wait on it?

Comment

Thabo had a look at the site some weird looking chairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Riaan View Post
                              SirGCal i see you have anti tips at the back,have you tried to wheely with them and leave all your wait on it?
                              All of my weight on the anti-tippers? Yup.. All 300lbs of my fat backside... However I do not usually have the anti-tippers (or handles or armrests) on the chair. Only for long 'outings'. Most of the time it's setup more of a 'naked' look. Frame, wheels, cushion and bag. That's it (like the first few pictures).

How-ever, I have tested everything and this chair build with the HD option is rated for 400 lbs. The anti-tippers have held me in the reclined position during a short movie at the museum (I was showing off) with no fear of tipping over. Actually, I'd keep the tippers on if they allowed for just a bit more elevation before contact with the floor. Someday I'll modify them but with my 25" wheels it's all they are going to do. I wheelie around constantly to get through doors, spin around quicker, etc. So far (knock-on-wood) I haven't flipped over backwards... But it's only a matter of time I'm sure, without the anti-tippers on...

The arms come off and put on just as easy. The handles have one bolt to take them off or put them on. But I only use them when we're going somewhere with a very long way to walk so I have the option of being pushed. But I often have people push me up a hill or something simply by pushing on my shoulders too (It's kinda-nice, a shoulder message plus help up the hill at the same time).

That might be a lot more information then you asked for but simply put; yes. The anti-tippers hold me, bouncing even, and all 300lbs of me with no problem. Never once giving me any doubt they would hold.

Comment

Working...
                              X