Anyone know cost of Townsend AFO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know cost of Townsend AFO?

Does anyone know what the cost of a Townsend AFO is?
    I am trying to get work to buy me one since our Canadian goverment plan doesn't cover them. I can't get one here - I would have to go to the States but Townsend doesn't want to give me a price until I see a rep.
    I am just looking for a ballpark number before I pitch the request to my boss.

Thanks
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

Just out of curiosity, would it not be better to have a pair of custom fit AFOs? The Provinical Government covers my custom AFOS.

WG

Comment

I am on my 5th set of custom fit AFOs that our government will pay for and they have all been garbage. a Townsend AFO is custom fit but much superior materials. And will allow me to be as active as I have the potential to be.
      C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Alex...my insurance paid for mine. My 20% copay was $600 for both legs. So you are probably looking around $3,000.00 a pair without insurance.

Townsend outlasts my other braces and are well worth it.
        T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

thanks daisy - that's what I was hoping. I just need one leg and was hoping it would be less than $2000.
          C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Working...
          X