Good schwalbe all-terrain tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rye1945 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. That answers a lot of questions. Why did you go for birch core rather than just straight carbon fiber?
    I went for it because its 1/8" thick so its stronger than solid carbon that thin...and I wanted something that would flex a lot. Keep in mind that I weigh around 125 pounds.

Comment

You chose birch core so that it flexes a lot. How have you been noticing the flex with daily wheeling over bumps and different surfaces? Has it been providing the “suspension” that Toto experienced with his seat pan with strips? Also, is there a little flex in it when you’re sitting stationary? I have never used a solid seat pan and I have a concern that it would have me sit too straight / tall.

Comment

Originally posted by JMS View Post
        You chose birch core so that it flexes a lot. How have you been noticing the flex with daily wheeling over bumps and different surfaces? Has it been providing the “suspension” that Toto experienced with his seat pan with strips? Also, is there a little flex in it when you’re sitting stationary? I have never used a solid seat pan and I have a concern that it would have me sit too straight / tall.

Yes it has a suspension effect like Toto's and yes it has flex when your stationary..similar to a cloth sling seat.I need to use it longer Before I'm confident on the durability of it.

Comment

Working...
        X