Best Wheelchair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Wheelchair?

I am getting a new wheelchair soon and would like to get some ideas. The Q7 was recomended but it just looks so BLAH!
    Keep your butt dry!

Originally posted by friedgreenpea View Post
    I am getting a new wheelchair soon and would like to get some ideas. The Q7 was recomended but it just looks so BLAH!
    Curious, what do you use now? Also, is the insurance company buying this or you? Insurance companies generally restrict purchases to certain coded chairs, so this could limit the list.

Those that usually are mentioned are:
    TiLite - Aero Z, ZRA, ZR and TR
    Top End (By Invacare) - Crossfire T6 and Crossfire Terminator

The Aero Z and Crossfire T6,are aluminum and insurance companies would probably accept those. The others are Titanium.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

I don't think there is one 'best' wheelchair as it all down to: why you need (level of SCI, SB etc)? Rigid or Folding? is weight an issue? is price an issue? do you want a fixed frame or an adjustable? etc.

Admittedly not all chairs are created equal for example: the Marvel M1 was everyone darling when it first came out but then many owners realised it was flawed. The ZR/ZRA had been a long time forum favourite until 'Series 2' came out along with a number of teething problems, which are now hopefully being cured. The Q7 got lots of attention when it was launched but not many people bought it.
      Dots, lines and aeroplanes. my flying adventures.

Comment

Just my 2 cents. I am ordering my 10th (not sure, can't remember that far back) chair since 1983 and am getting a Q7. IMHO the best out there.

Don't understand what you mean by looks BLAH??

Comment

q7 has flaws to.the one that gets my concern the most is the "110degree front-end" posted somewhere in this forum.that was absurd.
          walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

Demo, demo, demo
            Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Beagle View Post
              Just my 2 cents. I am ordering my 10th (not sure, can't remember that far back) chair since 1983 and am getting a Q7. IMHO the best out there.

Don't understand what you mean by looks BLAH??
              110 degree Q7

it is an EXCEPTIONAL case...
              walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

it is an EXCEPTIONAL case...
                I remember when that thread at the top of the page.
                1 - have trouble believing it AND
                2 - What happened to the operators feet!?!

Comment

i wouldnt shit on a q7. colours, ti, topend. it was recommended because its mass produced and the dme makes more.
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com
                  c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                  sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I got a Q7 to use as a backup for my Tilite ZRA 15 months ago and have not touched the ZRA since! I am very happy with the Q7, very easy on my shoulders, no problems as of yet. No two chairs are alike and everyone has different requirements as well as economic concerns regarding whether you are purchasing yourself or through insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by friedgreenpea View Post
                      fuck all the bargain basement shit. If you want something that doesn't suck and can properly spec your chair order a Lasher with a backrest that is welded solid. I'm in a BT-Mg and would never go back to any chair with more than 4 screws/bolts (uni-tine fork stems and axle hardware). check out www.lashersport.com

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                        with a backrest that is welded solid. I'm in a BT-Mg and would never go back to any chair with more than 4 screws/bolts (uni-tine fork stems and axle hardware).
                        Of course the best wheelchair would be a full welded ultralight wheelchair that fit to you perfect, but not everyone have the money for this type of wheelchairs, and insurences usually don`t pay for this type of chair.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                          Of course the best wheelchair would be a full welded ultralight wheelchair that fit to you perfect, but not everyone have the money for this type of wheelchairs, and insurences usually don`t pay for this type of chair.
                          she asked what the best was.
                          #1 - oRacing (I loved your blue chair)
                          #2 - Lasher (magnesium if possible)
                          the rest can rot in the closet

if I were her I would probably wait for Icon to become available... they'll need beta testers.

as for insurance, it seems silly that some here get a new titanium chair paid for once a year but they won't pay for a chair that will last a lifetime.

Comment

I have the Boing from Colours and I will not be doing business with them again. The chair looks cool but thats about all I can say for it.
                            This will be my third chair to get. I have to get it through my insurence because I cant afford to do it on my own. My wheelchair guy is kinda wanting me to get the q7 but I just dont think I will like it.
                            Oh and by "BLAH" I mean the way it looks. It just looks boring.
                            Keep your butt dry!

Comment

I've had my Q7 since August and have had no end of problems with it. I love the lightweightness...however there have been never-ending issues with the casters / hardware and the footplate loosens (thus pulling your chair in one direction). I've heard other Q7 users have had the same issue with the footplate. This is my 2nd chair (first chair was a Quickie 2-lite...a folding piece of junk). The Q7 is better than my previous chair but I wish I would've known more / demo'd more before ordering.

Comment

Working...
                              X