Chair Loaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair Loaders

I have ran across this video on youtube many, many times and was wondering if there is any kit like this that is built in the USA. I have looked and there probably is something like it out there! I just think that not having to break the chair down every time would be freakn awesome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUHN-...&feature=feedf
    Is there anything that people use like this? What do you use?

Nice rig. I run a Mazda5 with a different setup, but comparible. The company is in Vancouver Canada, don't know what's involved in importing the unit into the States.
    check out the video - http://www.adapt-solutions.ca/products/index.php?prd=5

what vehicle are you using/considering?

Comment

I was looking at an Chrysler 300C but it doesn't have an back compartment like the Volvo XC70 does. I just thought the whole design for not having to break down your chair was genius! Looking for a good looking car, get up and go when it needs to! Maybe an Chrysler Pacifica. Looks, OK! I really don't know ATM. Just looking for other options on loaders for right now and will see what type of vehicle i'm wanting. but my buddy told me that I would look like a soccer mom in the Pacifica, ahhh screw you, lol. No offense to any ladies!!!! I said how am I going to look like a soccer mom, I'm a man.

Thanks!

Just been considering my different option now! An wagon, coupe, sedan... Not looking into getting a van. Any suggestions?

Comment

Some years ago a lot of people had like this one here. But I don't know what happened because when I asked for one, they give me the van istead. That loader did cost 20 000 dollars but the new car did cost 250 000 dollars.
        I wonder if I heared it is not working good in cold weather. I would preferred to have my old car with that loader instead of the van who is drinking diesel for 3 dollars a litre.
        TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Okay, that lift is the abiloader, which is made by a uk company and works in a similar way to the robot3000, made by an Israeli company and imported into north America by kinomobility in Canada. Google everything, also search this site. The abiloader is simpler, newer tech, doesn't use robotics.

Comment

Originally posted by amyk View Post
            Okay, that lift is the abiloader, which is made by a uk company and works in a similar way to the robot3000, made by an Israeli company and imported into north America by kinomobility in Canada. Google everything, also search this site. The abiloader is simpler, newer tech, doesn't use robotics.
            Cool design of the Bras Robot 3000. I forgot to say that I'm in a rigid chair, not looking into a folding. Also for the loader to be on the left side of the car as the driver, like American car ty AmyK
            Last edited by zwthomp; 02-20-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Anymore loaders that people know about?

Comment

I run a Mazda5 with a different setup, but comparible
                So the Mazda5/Abiloader combination looks awesome! I am running my '07 Rollx Caravan into the ground. How long have you had it? Any maintenance issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Beagle View Post
                  So the Mazda5/Abiloader combination looks awesome! I am running my '07 Rollx Caravan into the ground. How long have you had it? Any maintenance issues?

the Mazda5 shares its drivetrain with the Mazda3, great little 4-cylinder. The 3 is outselling the Honda Civic up here, reliability is top-notch. I've had it 6 months and like it more all the time. I was an auto mechanic prior to injury and did quite a bit of research prior to purchase. Hard to find a negative comment anywhere. I found a used `07 with less than 20k miles on it, loaded. Would've liked a newer one with the 5 speed automatic, but my gas mileage is more than acceptable with the 4-spd. I call it a micro-van. I'm actually surprised more people aren't interested in it, to me it's far more appealing than a mini-van (especially with gas prices where they are)

Comment

Thanks Tooley!

Comment

trying to keep this tread going! Any Ideas or own invention loaders you all have for your vehicle?????

Comment

I have a Braun Chairtopper:
                        http://www.braunability.com/chair-topper.cfm

It's been great, but I'm thinking I'll go with a rigid chair next time and pull it into the car myself.

Comment

I've used a Chairtopper for over 30 years. New ones are nearly perfect. I've always had it on a wagon because I like wagons and thought it looked better. At least four Caprice wagons over the years. Alas, I've had to go to a van due to strength considerations so the Magnum w Chairtopper sits in the garage waiting to be put up for sale. The obvious drawback is that it requires a folding chair which I prefer anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                            Some years ago a lot of people had like this one here. But I don't know what happened because when I asked for one, they give me the van istead. That loader did cost 20 000 dollars but the new car did cost 250 000 dollars.
                            I wonder if I heared it is not working good in cold weather. I would preferred to have my old car with that loader instead of the van who is drinking diesel for 3 dollars a litre.
                            For those still looking for loaders we make these and export around the world. If you heard cold is a problem, its not- we have tested ours ok to negative 30 deg C. Goes a bit slower but then so may you!! This test was prior to supply to a cold spot in USA.

Your story above does not surprise me - lots of people have vested interest in more expensive solutions! Sadly they don't always have the customer needs first. See us at abiliquip.com

See our testimonials from our customers about the change it makes - esp from chair disassembly routine with rigid chair.
                            Greg.

Comment

Nice, it took the guy in the video approx 56 sec, almost a minutes to get the chair out and the mechanical arms back in...which is about the same time or slightly more as doing it manually.
                              But I guess with age catching up, i can see myself investing in one of this.

Its uber cool!

Originally posted by zwthomp View Post
                              I have ran across this video on youtube many, many times and was wondering if there is any kit like this that is built in the USA. I have looked and there probably is something like it out there! I just think that not having to break the chair down every time would be freakn awesome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUHN-...&feature=feedf
                              Is there anything that people use like this? What do you use?

Comment

Working...
                              X