stimmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stimmaster

My stimmaster is starting to give me open lead errors when the stim starts to get high. Its always right hamstring even if I switch the wires around. I have gotten new pads and cleaned the connections the best I could but it did not help. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Originally posted by maddog View Post
    My stimmaster is starting to give me open lead errors when the stim starts to get high. Its always right hamstring even if I switch the wires around. I have gotten new pads and cleaned the connections the best I could but it did not help. Anyone have a solution to this problem?
    Funny (not really) and timely. I've been experiencing the same open lead error on my StimMaster Galaxy, only it's my left quad. Like you, I switched the cables and started using fresh pads. I put the system through all the diagnostics and everything passed, but the open lead issue persists. It's like a Y2K bug.
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

try a little dab of water on pad before you put it on, or put pads closer together on your hams and see if that helps.

Comment

I tried the water, new pads and different spacing but nothing seems to work. I think the problem is in the computer or in the wiring between the computer and the removable wiring harness. Some days it will hit 99% stim for a few minutes before it stops and other days it stops almost immediately. There is nothing I can do with the pads or water that will help, I even dropped the stim way down on the right hamstring and it made no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by maddog View Post
          I tried the water, new pads and different spacing but nothing seems to work. I think the problem is in the computer or in the wiring between the computer and the removable wiring harness. Some days it will hit 99% stim for a few minutes before it stops and other days it stops almost immediately. There is nothing I can do with the pads or water that will help, I even dropped the stim way down on the right hamstring and it made no difference.
          that sucks, i know sometimes i have to move my pads around to get good stim, especially in these cold winter months when my skin is dry. i usually do my stim right after shower, seem to work the best.

Comment

An update: My StimMaster Galaxy is working fine now. Apparently the open-lead errors were the result of some dead electrode pads. I was partial to the Tyco 2.5" x 3.25" pads which came with my Galaxy, but they're no longer available in that size. I ordered some 3" round Tyco-type pads from Amazon and everything is good again.
            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
            X