Adjusting D's locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting D's locks

I got some used D's locks from Jake (RIP ), and one of the pistons sticks out about 1/8" when the brakes are off - not quite as much as in the pic. Anyone know how to adjust them?

Thanks,
    Don
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Is this causing a problem? It's not necessary that the piston to recede completely into its housing.
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Probably not, but I'm anal.

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
        Probably not, but I'm anal.
        Hear ya. But I don't think these D's are designed so that the pistons are flush (or receded) into its housing when disengaged.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brokenc...81866495/show/
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Thanks, Stephen - It looked like one of theirs was sticking out about as much as mine, so I feel better!

don
          Last edited by Donno; 4 Feb 2011, 9:27 PM.

Comment

You can dial out the silver cap to fine tune the depth of the piston. If they work, I wouldn't change a thing, personally! You don't want to take the cap off accidentally.
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Also, if your lever is too far forward, and mounted under the frame side tube, it can contact the down tube when releasing and not release entirely. When my levers are fully released they are just a smidge past parallel to the floor.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thanks guys, they are working perfectly!

Comment

Now I have to get used to that little bit of "slop" in the lock.

Comment

Working...
                  X