Oracing Extreme Box coming soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
    The frame just arrived today,when i took it out of the package i think i had a shock
    This weekend i will do the sideguards, seat, footplate and assembly forks&casters, probably rear wheels will be done next week, so in the end of the next week or the other i will finish the report for adaptado and i will try to translate it in english and post pics for CC.

P.D: hey Stephen! what about send you the review in my english and you could translate it correct for the forum?
    No problemo.
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by taziar View Post
      Aww, don't do that! It'll lose all that totoL1 charm. Half the fun of reading your posts is all the

The other half is the pics. Don't be shy about the pics.
      No problem, just going to translate correct what i`m going to say in the adaptado review, the rest of the thread will be me again.

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
      Give us a sneak peak of the naked frame!
      nono, i will make a pic of the naked frame but i`m not going to post it until the review, hey! wait a minute, $10 in my PayPal account could change my mind .
      Be satisfied with a pic of how the chair born, you can see how good i`m weelding.

Comment

As you know i`m going in a new chair soon, it`s a shame can see it every day in my storage, and being seating in my old gtx.
        I was finish with all about the chair time ago unless the wheels, because i bought two front mtb wheels for modify them to the chair, but this is being a pain in the arse.
        Well they are going to be unique wheelchairs wheels so i don`t want that they will get nasty after a few monthes about scratches in the pushrims, that is because i choosed for them stainless steel pushrims, similar than titanium in hardness to get scratched, but much cheaper.
        Of course they are heavier than aluminiums, but only touching them i can feel that they have more grip than anodized aluminiums, and the add in weight is not in the transfer weight so i`m not really worried about if wheels are a bit heavier if they are better, for repay it i went for a light tyre.
        The weight of them for 559 are 709 grames.

Comment

What's more of a shame is that we can't see it!

Hope it is coming together well! What brand of hubs did you go with for your wheels
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

What's more of a shame is that we can't see it!

Hope it is coming together well! What brand of hubs did you go with for your wheels
            Hubs? i bought a pair of entire front Mavic wheels, and i had to strip the wheel for modify the hub, open holes in rims for pushrims and assembly them again, align and balance them, after all now the wheels are to far from the frame, so i need new bushings for this wheels.

I hope you can see it in the first week of March.

Comment

What brand of hubs did you go with for your wheels

Here is what you was asking for, imagine the rest

Comment

spoiler alert!

the black frame will match your suit and tie better. love the color combo - black frame/white hubs/grey spokes.

when you've perfected the hub adaptation you should market the parts for sale. (or at least a very detailed write-up please)

are these the wheels?

Last edited by tooley; 25 Feb 2011, 2:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                  spoiler alert!

the black frame will match your suit and tie better. love the color combo - black frame/white hubs/grey spokes.

when you've perfected the hub adaptation you should market the parts for sale. (or at least a very detailed write-up please)

are these the wheels?
                  Yes, they are.

Comment

wow! thats a sweet pair of wheels
                    I've got 99 problems but the wheelchair ain't 1

Comment

Those hubs look awesome.

Are you taking regular bicycle hubs and converting them to fit a wheelchair?
                      Are they using the standard quick release wheelchair mechanism?
                      How hard is it to convert a regular bicycle hub to fit a wheelchair quick release mechanism?

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
                        Those hubs look awesome.

Are you taking regular bicycle hubs and converting them to fit a wheelchair?
                        Are they using the standard quick release wheelchair mechanism?
                        How hard is it to convert a regular bicycle hub to fit a wheelchair quick release mechanism?
                        I don`t do it, you need a CNC machine for that, i just told to the CNC operator what to do.
                        Yes i`m using the same quick release axle that i had in my Spinergys LX.
                        Is not an easy job, but now that i know what to do without problems i can assure you that i will never go back to wheelchairs wheels, out there i`ve got a wonderful bike world waiting for my next chair , i`m a bit sick seen all cool chairs with Spinergys.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                          I don`t do it, you need a CNC machine for that, i just told to the CNC operator what to do.
                          Yes i`m using the same quick release axle that i had in my Spinergys LX.
                          Is not an easy job, but now that i know what to do without problems i can assure you that i will never go back to wheelchairs wheels, out there i`ve got a wonderful bike world waiting for my next chair , i`m a bit sick seen all cool chairs with Spinergys.
                          Thanks for the info..

Would you take pictures of the before and after of the hubs, showing what the CNC operator had to do.... If it works well for you, would like to try and repeat .

Comment

Yes, i will post in the chair thread what to do for adapt bike wheels, but not all wheels need the same adaption, different hubs need different things to do, there is the question, but basically i will tell what to do, after you only will need to give the measurements to the operator.

Comment

the chair is ready to go, waiting for a sunny day to do the pics for the review, all week raining, i`m seating in it, i can`t tell much, only that is more agile insides , easier to hold it up to the car, a bit lighter, better brakes, more rigidity, etc.
                              I really like the stainless steel pushrims, they use a 20mm diameter tube and i`ve got in my Spinergys 19mm, more grip and better sensations.
                              But they are much heavier than an aluminium pushrims, around 260 grames more, but for me they worth, for a 559 wheel 709 grames for the pushirm, an aluminium would weight around 450.
                              I`m using my 24" LX in the chair that is built for 25" wheels for have the tires of the Mavic wheels in perfect conditions for the review, the chair became a bit tippy with the LX, but nothing important, i wish a good day for do the pics and start using the Mavics.
                              I will start the thread once the review is publish in adaptado.es

Here is just an aperitif, you can see that the lower frame is hide behind the front tubes and my legs, of course, so if you see the chair in front you don`t see the box frame, is just like a L frame.
                              In this one i`ve got a knee reduction, i prefer it much than the tapered seat.

Comment

I've heard a lot about this chair.
                                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                                X