Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZRA S2 Arrived

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by sowseng View Post
    Wait till lenny got his new ZRA, we can meet in midvalley and show off our chair a little bit, hahaha.
    Lenny's is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by petertan View Post
      toto - You have got very sharp eyes. Done! Thanks. I see that you learnt about the yellow cover from fuentes.
      .
      Yep, he was who told me when i bought mine, in this forum we learn a lot.

      Comment


        #33
        Guess what guys, UPS just delivered mine. One day earlier then scheduled delivery date.
        Kinda nervous and excited.
        Peter and Sow Seng, we gotta meet soon...

        Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 01/31/2011 5:49 P.M. Delivered
        01/31/2011 3:24 P.M. The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made.
        Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 01/30/2011 4:59 P.M. Destination Scan
        01/30/2011 9:39 A.M. Arrival Scan
        Sepang, Malaysia 01/30/2011 9:39 A.M. Arrival Scan
        Shenzhen, China 01/30/2011 6:13 A.M. Departure Scan
        01/30/2011 6:06 A.M. Departure Scan
        Sepang, Malaysia 01/30/2011 3:00 A.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance. / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit for delivery.
        Sepang, Malaysia 01/28/2011 1:42 P.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance.
        Shenzhen, China 01/27/2011 11:48 P.M. Arrival Scan
        Koeln, Germany 01/27/2011 5:34 A.M. Departure Scan
        Newark, NJ, United States 01/26/2011 2:37 P.M. Departure Scan
        Newark, NJ, United States 01/25/2011 6:15 P.M. Arrival Scan
        Louisville, KY, United States 01/25/2011 4:27 P.M. Departure Scan
        01/25/2011 10:04 A.M. Arrival Scan
        01/25/2011 9:53 A.M. Departure Scan
        01/25/2011 9:30 A.M. Arrival Scan
        Nashville, TN, United States 01/25/2011 5:27 A.M. Departure Scan
        01/25/2011 4:16 A.M. Arrival Scan
        Doraville, GA, United States 01/25/2011 1:28 A.M. Departure Scan
        Doraville, GA, United States 01/24/2011 10:31 P.M. Arrival Scan
        Athens, GA, United States 01/24/2011 10:09 P.M. Departure Scan
        01/24/2011 8:00 P.M. Origin Scan
        United States 01/24/2011 5:30 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
        L1 Burst Fracture Incomplete
        19th February 1998
        TiLite ZRA Series 2 01/31/2011
        New Design Back Hardware replaced by TiLite 03/28/2011

        Comment


          #34
          Lenny - Will you be able to sleep tonight?
          C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
          Tilite ZRA Series 2
          The DIGITAL AWAKENING
          Living One Day At A Time
          www.petertan.com/blog/

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by petertan View Post
            Lenny - Will you be able to sleep tonight?
            Nope, it's going to be a loooooong night and I haven't got the time to unbox it Peter.
            L1 Burst Fracture Incomplete
            19th February 1998
            TiLite ZRA Series 2 01/31/2011
            New Design Back Hardware replaced by TiLite 03/28/2011

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by petertan View Post
              The feet can be in a more forward position with just a slight difference to the height of the knee or splaying out. It just felt more comfortable with them that far back. Do you think moving the footrest down another 1/4" or 1/2" could make it better? I am a bit reluctant to do adjustments for the floating caster if it will not pose any problem. You mean to say adjusting the footrest height will eliminate that problem?
              Based on your response, I'd say adjusting the seat-to-footrest would have minimal effect. Loosening it and sitting in the chair on a level surface would allow you to straighten your frame out. This is because the torsional rigidity of the ZRA's frame comes from the cross tube, camber tube, and footrest. Loosen the footrest, and the frame becomes more flexible and can be realigned. This really isn't a major quality control issue on a titanium cantilevered frame, its just something that can happen whenever the footrest is adjusted.
              Originally posted by petertan View Post
              There is about a 2.5" gap between cushion and back of knee. With the current 3.5" dump and backrest angle, I feel like falling forward and compensate that by sitting slightly forward which makes me slouch. I have not adjusted the straps yet. What would you suggest?
              It looks like less in the pic (hence my asking). Your complaint about falling forward is more-valuable information. I would tighten the lower straps and possibly lower your back height just a tad. If it still feels that way, going to 4" of dump may help. You will not eliminate all posterior pelvic tilt, but you want no more than is required for you to sit with stability. Be careful when making these adjustments since they could affect how tippy the chair is (It does look like it would still be pretty stable, but caution is in order since a cantilevered frame is more sensitive to small adjustments and will flip quickly).

              Originally posted by petertan View Post
              Sitting up straight, the middle of my middle finger is at the center of the hub. I understand that the tip should be touching the hub. Please share the logic to this.
              Sounds like your rear seat height is where it should be.

              Originally posted by petertan View Post
              Other than those issues, I am almost happy with the wheelchair out of the box. It is like what I have expected except it is not as light as I had anticipated.
              I'll address these later. BTW, how tall are you?

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by laidbacklen View Post
                Guess what guys, UPS just delivered mine. One day earlier then scheduled delivery date.
                Kinda nervous and excited.
                Peter and Sow Seng, we gotta meet soon...
                woww wow wow wow!!!
                Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

                Comment


                  #38
                  You probably know this stuff already, but . . .

                  On my AeroZ (aluminum ZRA1), the armrests swing back out of the way; I just have to lift them in their sockets a bit; no need to remove them.

                  If you increase your COG, the side-guard exposure will reduce.

                  Your arm angle appears great for pushing (between 90-110 degrees), so I believe your RSH is near optimum.

                  enjoy!!

                  ps: I was on page 2 when I posted this - I forgot to read the whole thread, so my comments are a bit redundant. I am excited you are in your new chair!
                  Last edited by chasmengr; 31 Jan 2011, 10:01 AM. Reason: add ps
                  Chas
                  TiLite TR3
                  Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                  I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

                  "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                  <
                  UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                    Based on your response, I'd say adjusting the seat-to-footrest would have minimal effect. Loosening it and sitting in the chair on a level surface would allow you to straighten your frame out. This is because the torsional rigidity of the ZRA's frame comes from the cross tube, camber tube, and footrest. Loosen the footrest, and the frame becomes more flexible and can be realigned. This really isn't a major quality control issue on a titanium cantilevered frame, its just something that can happen whenever the footrest is adjusted.
                    If the floating caster if of minimal consequences, I will consider doing this at a later time as I read that it needs some effort to loosen the footrest. But being able to solve a floating caster this way is something I would never have thought of. This is valuable information to CC members with similar chair and problem.

                    Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                    It looks like less in the pic (hence my asking). Your complaint about falling forward is more-valuable information. I would tighten the lower straps and possibly lower your back height just a tad. If it still feels that way, going to 4" of dump may help. You will not eliminate all posterior pelvic tilt, but you want no more than is required for you to sit with stability. Be careful when making these adjustments since they could affect how tippy the chair is (It does look like it would still be pretty stable, but caution is in order since a cantilevered frame is more sensitive to small adjustments and will flip quickly).
                    I will do the straps and try to lower the backrest by 1" and see what happens. This is easier than adjusting seat dump. At the current configuration, the chair feels too stable but I will also be mindful of the tippiness after adjustments. I am home alone at day time on most days and falling off the chair could be quite a disaster.

                    Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                    I'll address these later. BTW, how tall are you?
                    I should be around 5'10" to 5'11".
                    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
                    Tilite ZRA Series 2
                    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
                    Living One Day At A Time
                    www.petertan.com/blog/

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Chas - Swinging it out of the way in tight spaces could be a problem. When I transfer to the car, I have to swing it out but it is blocked by the B post of the car. I also need it when I push myself into the car. I just have to find a way to do this more efficiently with this armrest.

                      I would love to increase the COG since this chair is still very stable if that does not affect the adjustments suggested by SCI_OTR. The only thing is that moving the wheel forward reduces the horizontal space on the side rail for me to sit on when I transfer.

                      I think I complain too much. This chair is so different from the previous one. I just need to do things differently. In time, I believe, I will find a way and get used to it. Thanks for humouring me.
                      C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
                      Tilite ZRA Series 2
                      The DIGITAL AWAKENING
                      Living One Day At A Time
                      www.petertan.com/blog/

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by petertan View Post
                        But being able to solve a floating caster this way is something I would never have thought of. This is valuable information to CC members with similar chair and problem.
                        I agree.

                        If the floating caster if of minimal consequences, I will consider doing this at a later time as I read that it needs some effort to loosen the footrest.
                        I don't think it is as major as you might be concerned it is. If it is the same as the ZRA I tested in, you loosen the allen screw, then leave the allen wrench againt the bolt and give the end of the wrench a smack with your hand or a hammer and it comes loose.

                        I should be around 5'10" to 5'11".
                        You look taller.

                        I would love to increase the COG since this chair is still very stable...
                        Doing so may make your chair lighter, as you were hoping.
                        C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by petertan View Post
                          I think I complain too much. This chair is so different from the previous one. I just need to do things differently. In time, I believe, I will find a way and get used to it. Thanks for humouring me.
                          Along these lines, you mentioned that you use the arm rests for transferring into the car. Is this the only reason that you need them? Maybe coming up with a new technique that does not rely on the armrests would be helpful. Then you remove them all together. Your wife wouldn't have to deal with them, the weight of the chair would be reduced, etc. etc. I haven't used armrests in years, and I know a lot of other CC members don't use them either.

                          My injury is much lower than yours, I suspect, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

                          Nice looking ride, by the way!
                          -Taziar

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by petertan View Post
                            This chair is so different from the previous one. I just need to do things differently. In time, I believe, I will find a way and get used to it. Thanks for humouring me.
                            That's the best mindset to have.

                            Provided you have the trunk control, the tighter 85 degree frame on your ZRA will allow you to scoot way out to the front of the seat without having to worry about the chair tipping forward (especially with the casters reversed). This may allow you to modify your transfer technique.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                              I don't think it is as major as you might be concerned it is. If it is the same as the ZRA I tested in, you loosen the allen screw, then leave the allen wrench againt the bolt and give the end of the wrench a smack with your hand or a hammer and it comes loose.
                              If it is that easy, I am going to get the wife to attempt and get rid of the floating.

                              Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                              You look taller.
                              The last time I measured myself was about 10 years ago. I was 35 then. I don't think I have gained any height since. :P

                              Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                              Doing so may make your chair lighter, as you were hoping.
                              This is not the kind of light I was hoping for. The wife noted that the ZRA without the wheels are as heavy as the folding aluminium with wheels. Could be a perception problem as the ZRA is bulkier and she is not used to carrying it, yet. But I also did feel that the chair is not as light as I had anticipated.
                              C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
                              Tilite ZRA Series 2
                              The DIGITAL AWAKENING
                              Living One Day At A Time
                              www.petertan.com/blog/

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by taziar View Post
                                Along these lines, you mentioned that you use the arm rests for transferring into the car. Is this the only reason that you need them? Maybe coming up with a new technique that does not rely on the armrests would be helpful. Then you remove them all together. Your wife wouldn't have to deal with them, the weight of the chair would be reduced, etc. etc. I haven't used armrests in years, and I know a lot of other CC members don't use them either.

                                My injury is much lower than yours, I suspect, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

                                Nice looking ride, by the way!
                                -Taziar
                                The 3 years when I was using the folder with the arm rests, I have gotten used to using it as a rail to prevent me from falling off when I lean sideways. I didn't put on the arm rests for the ZRA when I first sat in it, leaned sideway to look for something that fell to the floor and nearly fell off the chair. If they continue to bug me, I'll just have to live without them at some point and remember not to lean too far sideways and also to learn to transfer without them. Thanks for sharing, Taziar.
                                C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
                                Tilite ZRA Series 2
                                The DIGITAL AWAKENING
                                Living One Day At A Time
                                www.petertan.com/blog/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X