Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for new chair

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Suggestions for new chair

    I am in need of a new chair. I would love to have a light weight foldiing chair that feels like a rigid.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I do not use my chair full time but really need something sturdy and easy to get in and out of the car. Thanks for any suggestions.

    #2
    Originally posted by medic1 View Post
    I am in need of a new chair. I would love to have a light weight foldiing chair that feels like a rigid.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I do not use my chair full time but really need something sturdy and easy to get in and out of the car. Thanks for any suggestions.
    By folding chair do you mean an "X"-framed folder where the wheels come together, or a chair where the back folds down to the seat?

    There are already dozens (maybe hundreds) of posts that relate to this question. You might consider searching for them and then return back with more product-specific questions.
    Last edited by stephen212; 23 Jan 2011, 11:34 AM.
    stephen@bike-on.com

    Comment


      #3
      the only folding chair that was made to feel like a rigid was the quickie gtx and they don't make them anymore i think i got the last one made. it only took 2 years. the thing i liked about it it folded in half and the back folded down like the rigid.
      Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
        By folding chair do you mean an "X"-framed folder where the wheels come together, or a chair where the back folds down to the seat?

        There are already dozens (maybe hundreds) of posts that relate to this question. You might consider searching for them and then return back with more product-specific questions.
        Sorry, the x framed folder is the one I am looking for. Will try a search.

        So the little bit of research I looked at so for I am thinking rigid might be the way to go. I want something solid, and as long as the back folds down and the wheels come off I should not have a problem transporting it.
        Last edited by medic1; 23 Jan 2011, 12:55 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          I'm in the same situation you are in with respect to not being a full time user and I use a cantilevered rigid frame (TiLite ZRc). The key question would be how much are you looking to spend?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by cripple4life View Post
            the only folding chair that was made to feel like a rigid was the quickie gtx and they don't make them anymore i think i got the last one made. it only took 2 years. the thing i liked about it it folded in half and the back folded down like the rigid.
            i had it, was ok. We can still buy it in Europe.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
              I'm in the same situation you are in with respect to not being a full time user and I use a cantilevered rigid frame (TiLite ZRc). The key question would be how much are you looking to spend?
              My insurance is pretty good about paying for what I need. Usually as long as I have the script and medical necessity, the work comp pays for it. Price is not too big of a deal, obviously they wont pay for the rolls royce, but as long as I can show why this chair is the one I need, I should be ok.

              Comment


                #8
                The TiLite 2GX is a folder that is fairly rigid-feeling. It's a little heavier than a rigid, but only by a couple pounds.

                Comment

                Working...
                X