Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a new abdominal binder

Hi,

I need a new abdominal binder, my old one i got from acute rehab lost its velcro. I just bought a new one online but it is too flimsy and just folds into itself around my belly. I can tell it was meant for someone with abs. I need one that is stiff in the stomach area so it will keep its shape. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I ended up seeing an orthotist. Nothing in their catalogs seemed like a good fit for me. The binder I had been using and that worked very well for me had been discontinued by the manufacturer. They contacted the manufacturer and they made the discontinued model custom for me.

The company is Trulife and the model number is 1112.

All the best,
    GJ

Comment

http://www.spinalbrace.com/lumbarsup...scross1202.htm

Been using this type for years.

Comment

You might be able to contact a dry cleaner that does alterations and see if they have a person who can sew new velcro to your old brace. I'm sure it could be easily done by just about anyone with a sewing machine, eh?
        Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

I have about 20 new binders...
          C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

dale combo binder

express medical is online...try google
            Futurewalker

Comment

Hi, I am trying to locate where I can buy the Camp (Trulife) M9667 binder/corset, but am having difficulty finding a vendor. Anyone know of a vendor?

Comment

Greetings,

I just purchased a Trulife 9473 corset through Medi-Healthcare. Great service, I mistakenly ordered the wrong one and they immediately canceled the order and refunded the charge. I paid the lowest price I have ever paid for a Trulife or Camp corset - $83 and change. The one I ordered was on backorder and Jesse Willard kept me informed via email along the way. And they ship to my home as opposed to my doctors office. Can't say enough about them.

If they don't have the one you're looking for give them a call and ask if they can order one through Trulife.

www.Medi-Healthcare.com

Comment

Originally posted by NWC4 View Post
                  Greetings,

I just purchased a Trulife 9473 corset through Medi-Healthcare. Great service, I mistakenly ordered the wrong one and they immediately canceled the order and refunded the charge. I paid the lowest price I have ever paid for a Trulife or Camp corset - $83 and change. The one I ordered was on backorder and Jesse Willard kept me informed via email along the way. And they ship to my home as opposed to my doctors office. Can't say enough about them.

If they don't have the one you're looking for give them a call and ask if they can order one through Trulife.

www.Medi-Healthcare.com
                  Great, thanks so much. Now as far as sizing, when not wearing a binder and the 'ol quad gut is untamed, my pants are around 38-40", ugh. Am I better to order a size in that area, or a smaller size that I want to tighten it and keep the gut under control?

Comment

Originally posted by NWC4 View Post
                    Greetings,

www.Medi-Healthcare.com
                    Are you satisfied with the 9473 (if you got it yet)? I'm looking to buy a Trulife corset and don't know if I should get the 9473, 9474, or 9667. Thanks.

Comment

If you would've told me 19 years ago that one day I'd be shopping for corsets for myself...

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
                        If you would've told me 19 years ago that one day I'd be shopping for corsets for myself...
                        I would have given you my pre-injury ones since we share the same disasterversary day. You might have wanted to have them tailored more for a guy...
                        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

I use a 2 piece athletic back binder 2nd piece is heated and then will conform to shape of your body. That is a rigid piece. Can insert into binder or leave out. Velcro has not worn. Probably can tighten enough to hurt yourself. I have woke up during night hurting, but I also have a rebuilt ab. I would need to find link. I did quick look, but not have, but can find if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
                            I use a 2 piece athletic back binder 2nd piece is heated and then will conform to shape of your body. That is a rigid piece. Can insert into binder or leave out. Velcro has not worn. Probably can tighten enough to hurt yourself. I have woke up during night hurting, but I also have a rebuilt ab. I would need to find link. I did quick look, but not have, but can find if you want.
                            Sounds like a "Warm and Form" or "Form Fit" type back support. Not really designed as an abdominal binder, but might work for some. Be careful that the rigid piece does not cause pressure problems for your skin.

(KLD)
                            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

SCI, it is exactly what you are saying. I do not use the warm piece, which would contour to back. It does have 2 built in supports that are close to back-hip based on stretch. The 2nd piece is a solid-curved that attaches across abdomen. Then it has attaches straps that go across abdomen that can tighten based on stretch. Made by Med Spec. I can post link. It by far best thing I ever used for ab. I have a reconstructed ab, skin graphs, pieces taken out, colostomy and colostomy removed. Great you said this though, so others know.

Comment

Working...
                              X