Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickie backpack

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quickie backpack

    I have the youth size Quickie backpack and it's the best bag I've ever had. It's wearing out and I need to replace it but the new version has purple panels instead of the silver ones mine has.

    Can anyone help me find the older backpack with the silver panels?

    Thanks

  • #2
    I keep an eye on E-bay , use a "Quickie Wheelchair" search and have gotten them for about $25-30. I just looked and see one for $ 59 but it is from a vendor who always lists equipment and high prices, imo. I think you can do much better price wise. They come up for auction often.

    I agree it is a nice back pack. well designed


    here's one for $59 but as I say think you can do better by checking weekly.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Quickie-Back-pac...item56385182db

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been looking on Ebay and yeah, I found the high priced dealer you're talking about. I got my last Quickie backpack on Ebay. I want to replace it with the same bag, not the new one with the purple panels. I may have to settle, but can I get used to purple. Eek, I don't know.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sport aid has them for $44.85
        http://www.sportaid.com/quickie-backpack.html

        Allegro $38
        http://www.allegromedical.com/wheelc...0bb679e4681dba

        Comment


        • #5
          I think these are ALL what grommet is calling purple. It's a bluish purple color. His older one has silver where that blue/purple color is. I think that's what he's looking for. Not just the backpack............. one just like those only silver where they are blue/purple. Sorry, however, that I can't help you find it, grommet!

          Comment


          • #6
            Are you sure those are purple? I think it might just be the color of the photo making the grey look purple (which is pretty common effect, they way grey absorbs light). You might check w/Sunrise Medical to see if the new backpacks really are a different color.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              I think these are ALL what grommet is calling purple. It's a bluish purple color. His older one has silver where that blue/purple color is. I think that's what he's looking for. Not just the backpack............. one just like those only silver where they are blue/purple. Sorry, however, that I can't help you find it, grommet!
              I see what you mean... maybe that is purple. I got my first one as a comp from DME about 10 years ago w/ silver and liked the design. Since then I picked up two more, cheap on e-bay and use them for different things. Have camera equip, in one , etc.

              I wasn't aware Sunrise Quickie made another I do like the silver w/ cell compartment and many pockets.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                I think these are ALL what grommet is calling purple. It's a bluish purple color. His older one has silver where that blue/purple color is. I think that's what he's looking for. Not just the backpack............. one just like those only silver where they are blue/purple. Sorry, however, that I can't help you find it, grommet!
                Maybe that's possible but all the photos of the new bag I've seen show a purplish color. It's possible they're all using the same stock photo and I could ask someone at Sportaid but I'm pretty sure they've changed the color.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChesBay View Post
                  I see what you mean... maybe that is purple. I got my first one as a comp from DME about 10 years ago w/ silver and liked the design. Since then I picked up two more, cheap on e-bay and use them for different things. Have camera equip, in one , etc.

                  I wasn't aware Sunrise Quickie made another I do like the silver w/ cell compartment and many pockets.
                  Yeah I like the silver best, I think it blends in better with the black and silver of my Tilite TR. I think the purplish stuff is really going to stand out. It's always the thing with wheelchair gear though, when you find something you like, you have to buy a bunch of it because you never know when it's going to disappear. I just don't have piles of money laying around so I can stock up on a dozen pairs of gloves and five backpacks.

                  There should be a lotterly only disabled people could play. I always say, if you're gonna be disabled, you better be rich ;-)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by grommet View Post
                    There should be a lotterly only disabled people could play. I always say, if you're gonna be disabled, you better be rich ;-)
                    I hear you grommet. Resources make disability a little easier sometimes.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X