Progeo wheelchairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progeo wheelchairs

In another thread there was a guy asking about a ZR, Progeo and Kuschall.

Progeo is a very interesting wheelchairs and their ultralight wheelchairs are tailored to customer and you`ve got a dealer in US

This is the latest in home Progeo carbon frame weight of the frame without wheels 3 kg

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
      Progeo is a very interesting wheelchairs and their ultralight wheelchairs are tailored to customer and you`ve got a dealer in US
      Round Betty is listed as the US distributor.

and the chairs above aren't all that interesting, IMO. CF, sure. lightweight, sure. that's about it.

Comment

In another thread there was a guy asking about a ZR, Progeo and Kuschall.

I don't find the US in the drop down menu of dealers. I see every country but the US.

Originally posted by -scott- View Post

and the chairs above aren't all that interesting, IMO. CF, sure. lightweight, sure. that's about it.
        Where is RB listed? Not locating that either.
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
          I don't find the US in the drop down menu of dealers. I see every country but the US.

OK, Round Betty shows up if you select Canada from the Progeo site. Weird.
          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

not alphabetically... it's listed in Italian (Stati Uniti).

translated w/ Google Chrome...

Comment

not alphabetically... it's listed in Italian (Stati Uniti).

translated w/ Google Chrome...
              You're so clever!
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

You're so clever!
                nah.. it's just a matter of knowing what [free] tools get the job done.

Comment

I can`t speak about chairs that i haven`t tried, but i know a guy that have a Joker Energy and say that he like it very much, no problems.

Probably not for you, but for guys that have to do a lot of transfer in&out of the car in a day, lightweight could be a decisive factor and if they usually change their chairs at much every 5 years i don`t know where is the problem.

I wouldn`t go for a cantilever CF frame like the noir, but i wouldn`t mind having a chair with a CF box frame like the Panthera X.

Comment

I transfer in/out of a car multiple times per day. I'm not discounting the benefits of being lightweight. It's basically the same as others that are on the market & much easier to get [in the US], thus not interesting [to me].

Comment

. It's basically the same as others that are on the market & much easier to get [in the US], thus not interesting [to me].
                      Something different at the others that are on the market and it will be interesting for you will be an Icon?

For be a bit different, what about something like this?
                      Last edited by totoL1; 4 Jan 2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Now that's funny.
                        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

That bastardization of a motorcyclewheelchairthing looks like trouble. It at least needs a front bumper.

I'm not saying chairs w/ cantilevered frames aren't practical. They work well. I'm using one right now. They're just not interesting anymore w/o something that really sets them apart from the rest.

Comment

I wouldn`t go for a cantilever CF frame like the noir, but i wouldn`t mind having a chair with a CF box frame like the Panthera X.
                            Please explain why.
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Please explain why.
                              Sorry, i meant that i wouldn`t go for the Noir cantilever frame, anyway for any other cantilever CF in the market, but maybe someday a brand take out a cantilever well done IMO.
                              Why? because they are not well designed IMO.
                              Look at the pic and the critical areas in red of the chair and the other areas where the stress is low in green, doing it in Box the critical areas is distributed to all the chair.
                              Why are parts of the chair in green with larger tubes than parts in red?
                              Not in metal chairs because you just take a tube and bend it for do the frame, but in CF frames you do the frame putting layers of CF over a mold, so do a mold for ... and even different number of layers in different parts of the frame.
                              This is not, hey guys lets do a CF chair, ok come on, and the result you`ve got it in the pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X