No announcement yet.

Yet Another Question about Mid-Level Paras and Handcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Freedom Ryder LC-1 is an awesome bike and very fun to ride for leisure, it easily cruises around at 12mph with little effort. i don't think it would be a full out racing bike though. i like sitting up and enjoying the ride while watching to make sure i don't get run over. the recline position would make it hard to see where going all the time, i ride in town, so that wouldn't be good.

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
      the Freedom Ryder LC-1 is an awesome bike and very fun to ride for leisure, it easily cruises around at 12mph with little effort. i don't think it would be a full out racing bike though. i like sitting up and enjoying the ride while watching to make sure i don't get run over. the recline position would make it hard to see where going all the time, i ride in town, so that wouldn't be good.
      I ride the force and have no problem seeing where I am going...
      T-7 Complete
      "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Comment

Keep in mind too that with the freedom ryder FRH1 you can lean it back with the optional backrest post and have the best of both worlds. Heres a picture of the FRH1 with the optional backrest post installed. http://freedomryder.com/ You don't want to general ride with it setup like this, but for racing it is the ticket, makes the bike feel like a totally different animal. It's listed under options as the "Jointed seat tube" it is an extra $375.00. The Zipp wheels are a good option too, especially for racing. I use my one Zipp on the front and the spinergies on the back for general riding and no problems, I notice I go faster climbing hills with these wheels and at higher speeds because they are more aerodynamic. The only problem with all these things is price, you figure $3695.00 for the handcycle, an extra $2400.00 for the Zipp wheels (I recommend three of these over the Spinergy, much better wheel, wish I had three rather than just one front, but I got the two rear used in spinergies for $300.00) and then the Jointed seat tube your looking at $6470.00 total, just make sure to keep it locked up.
        Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 13 Dec 2010, 3:45 PM.
        "Life is about how you
        respond to not only the
        challenges you're dealt but
        the challenges you seek...If
        you have no goals, no
        mountains to climb, your
        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Working...
        X