Tilite ZRA S2 CAD Drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilite ZRA S2 CAD Drawing

I got the CAD drawing from Scott of Bike-On this morning. Thought I should share it with CC members after all the doubts, suggestions and comments that lead to this stage. A big thank you goes out to all who had a part in this process. Any final advice before I OK it?
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

The front taper is quite wide - although my footrest is very narrow, so in comparison everything looks wide to me! Is that what you intended?

Comment

Originally posted by amyk View Post
      The front taper is quite wide - although my footrest is very narrow, so in comparison everything looks wide to me! Is that what you intended?

I agree, you must go for a V front reduction with 11" or 10.5", you will be ok with that measurements.

And are you sure about that dump? i tell you this because in your chair you only have the dump in the frame not in the seat, so that is not a really dump, but in this one you are going to give dump to the entire chair and maybe is much for you, maybe a 2.5" or 3" dump would better for you.

And the COG is to behaind for my taste, but maybe is ok for 3.5" dump, but anyway i will order 2.5" and you could adjusted between 2" to 3" i think.

The rest is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by amyk View Post
        although my footrest is very narrow, so in comparison everything looks wide to me! Is ?
        that`s happen to me too
        But that are the wider tennis shoes i`ve got.

Comment

personally I don't care for a narrow front end. I sit on the footplate and put my arms up behind/side me and push up to get from floor to chair. If I can't fit on the footplate(which at 10-12") I wouldn't be able to do that.
          Most everything I say is

Comment

dont forget the footrest measurement is taken inside the bars at a distance of about 2 1/2 inches above the footrest.......those 2 1/2 inches dont make a huge difference - so on a zr a 12" footrest width translates to a total front end width of 14.5".........so the taper down from a front seat width of 16" is very small.

Comment

Looks nice! I agree with above comments about dump and footrest.
              Chas
              TiLite TR3
              Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
              I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
              <
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Wow, really custom made, Quickie seems like don't have this service.
                Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

For you can make an idea, the 12" measurement you`ve got in your chair if got in mine 9.7"

Comment

I won't address the seat dump because it is adjustable other than to say it appears you would be limited in your ability to raise the rear STF much higher unless you request the medium length strut (The very first ZRA S2 I posted used that strut).

As far as footrest width, I don't know that anyone here can tell you for certain if they haven't seen you in person. You may get better positioning, but access to anything carried in a catchall under the seat may be impeded.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                      As far as footrest width, I don't know that anyone here can tell you for certain if they haven't seen you in person..
                      I agree, but we are not telling to nobody what to do, only we are giving opinions.

Comment

I appreciate the comments on the drawing. Thank you.

amyk, toto - The chair does not have seat taper therefore cannot got for the V-front. I can only select 13.5", 12" or 10" for standard front end. 10" is too narrow to reach for the catch-all like SCI_OTR said.

I note what Patrick mentioned in another thread (/forum/showthread.php?t=84763&page=3) about not having the footrest too narrow and amyk asking whether one puts the feet on the floor to transfer or twist them on the plate. I twist them on the plate and I see the logic that a tight fitting footrest may impede my transfer.

On the seat dump, my current chair has between 2.5" to 3" dump, depending on which side I measure as the frame integrity is off due to the broken cross brace. If 3.5" is too much, I will just have to adjust for less.

SCI_OTR - Good point on the vertical struts. I would love to have at least 1" - 1.5" of allowance for reaising the rear STF, just in case. I will ask for the one like in the 18x16+1 85 degree ZRA S2 that you spec-ed. That is medium length, right?

TexasWheels, Chas and sowseng - Thanks for the feedback.
                        C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
                        Tilite ZRA Series 2
                        The DIGITAL AWAKENING
                        Living One Day At A Time
                        www.petertan.com/blog/

Comment

Petertan,
                          I believe that what you are referring to with the seat taper for the "V" front end is a bit confusing on the order form. It used to be called the C Package where you could order the "V" Front end and/OR the tapered seat base. In order to get the V Front End you do NOT have to also order the tapered seat. By ordering the V front instead of the "tapered" front, you are able to customize the amount of V in the frame so that it fits your needs rather than just the pre set amount of taper for the standard taper.
                          ~Mandy~
                          SCI as a result of spinal surgery
                          TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
                            Petertan,
                            I believe that what you are referring to with the seat taper for the "V" front end is a bit confusing on the order form. It used to be called the C Package where you could order the "V" Front end and/OR the tapered seat base. In order to get the V Front End you do NOT have to also order the tapered seat. By ordering the V front instead of the "tapered" front, you are able to customize the amount of V in the frame so that it fits your needs rather than just the pre set amount of taper for the standard taper.
                            Correct. Neither of the ZRA S2's I posted had a tapered seat---just V front ends.

Comment

Ditto on the v front end.and yes,u dont need the seat to be tapered.u shud ask bike-on.

And yes, as steven said, u may get better positioning, but some things are just as important.my chair have seat tapered and v front end.it does give better fixing for my legs (it doest drop out in hi-speed or big bump etc.) but my legs stick together.seems like an inverted pyramid,or some says like a 'drag queen'. FML.

See?the look is just as important.next time i wont get a tapered seat.
                              walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

Working...
                              X