Solid seat pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid seat pan

I searched and read the solid seat pan threads - any updated comments on the best/lightest/most durable after market solid seatpans to put on my TiLite ZR with the bolt-on upholstery?

TiLite have a CF version with any new chair order?

Originally posted by Spicule View Post
    TiLite have a CF version with any new chair order?
    TiLite version isn't CF, it's G10. Dragon Plate seems to be the way ahead with DIY seating.
    Dots, lines and aeroplanes. my flying adventures.

Comment

Take a look at totol1's post on making a seat pan by CF strips: /forum/showthread.php?t=141164
      Don - Grad Student Emeritus
      T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

ADI sells a carbon seatbase.
        Know Thyself

Comment

Thanks for all the recos everyone!

Comment

For 17+ yrs I have always had a sling seat. I have been thinking about a solid seat for a while. Last week I called a buddy who works in a fab shop. I sent him a dxf of the profile I wanted and yesterday I had the pan in hand. Last night I took off the old sling (7 months old) and put the solid one on (velcro).

I hopped in chair and knew within 30 seconds that a solid pan is the only way.

The real crazy part was when I went to hop in bed. I popped right out of the chair and into bed. My sling seat was sagging some but man what a difference.

I used 1/8" al plate. It is a little heavy so I may go to strips (thanks totoL1). I plan on putting a tiny crease running the long way in each one to make them more rigid.

Man what a difference......

Comment

The other side of the coin is . . . while I prefer a solid seat pan for all of the reasons everyone has mentioned in all the threads, pressure mapping has shown for me in my chair with my cushion the pressure in my ischial area is substantially higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Skogy View Post
                I used 1/8" al plate. It is a little heavy so I may go to strips (thanks totoL1).one to make them more rigid. I plan on putting a tiny crease running the long way in each
                A 1/8" heavy? what is it? anyway if is fix it with velcro, you can take it out for have lighter transfer weight.

For make it more rigid the best thing is go for a larger thickness.
                I ordered a new panel for make new strips for my seat, but they send me a wrong panel which is thinner (3.5mm) i cut the panel and after tried it, it has to much flex for my taste, and i wasn`t sure that it will be safe for go down curbs.
                So i dicided make it more rigid and you can see in the pic how i did it, i just add a little strip in the area where i need more strength, it just based on a leaf spring suspension, now work perfect.
                Anyway today i get an email of this guys telling me that they are sorry for send me a wrong panel and i will get a free panel with the correct thickness, so if it`s true, that i doubt it, i will post a pic in my thread with the seat with all the strips in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Beagle View Post
                  The other side of the coin is . . . while I prefer a solid seat pan for all of the reasons everyone has mentioned in all the threads, pressure mapping has shown for me in my chair with my cushion the pressure in my ischial area is substantially higher.
                  What cushion you run?

Comment

Skogy, watch your skin for a few mths very close
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                      Skogy, watch your skin for a few mths very close
                      Yeah, I was kinda thinking that after that last post.

I may just go back to the sling. No problems with sores on my ass in 17 yrs., why fix what isn't broke?
                      Now that the twins rule my life I am up at 5AM and to bed at 10 or 11PM.

Probably would be a good idea to go back to sling.

Comment

What cushion you run?

Varilite Meridian Wave

Comment

Working...
                        X