TiLite ZR2 - adjusting foot rest height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiLite ZR2 - adjusting foot rest height

Hi all, I received my new ZR2 from TiLite over the weekend but the foot rest height was too low, I took a look at the screws at the bottom of the foot rest and am unsure of how to adjust the height.

I removed both screws from the left & right side but it still does not move up and down.

Can anyone advise and help n this. Can TiLite also advise how I go about adjusting this.
    [IMG]/forum/picture.php?albumid=535&pictureid=3585[/IMG]

[IMG]/forum/picture.php?albumid=535&pictureid=3584[/IMG]
    Last edited by smokinn.babe; 11-29-2010, 03:56 AM.

use a rubber hammer to push down it, it is a little bit hard, but it comes down...
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

1st Italian physiotherapist on a wheelchair

Comment

[ATTACH]37986[/ATTACH]
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Step 1 in chasmenger's post is important, unscrew it until you can see the entire head of the screw. Hitting a T-handle allen wrench with the mallet will help.

Comment

In other words, don't remove the screw
          Most everything I say is

Comment

Thank you for the diagram chasmengr. I will try to adjust it tonight for sure. I can wait to start using my new wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post
              I removed 2 of the screws and it was still wedged in solid. The wedge inside the titanium tubes worked well. Fortunately, I did not unsit the inside wedge, else will be a problem putting it back

But thanks for the advice all.

Comment

I did the same thing, but didn't look at the diagram first now the wedges are on the loose in the tubes and I can't remove the round clamp pieces from the bottom of the tube. I have been at the mercy of Duct tape. Any Ideas? Thanks for your help. I feel silly having done that.

Comment

Duct tape holds your footrest up? I would remove the footrest completely and then try to get the clamps out using some type of L shaped tool to tap it down from above the clamp.
                  pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Actually, hitting the footrest with a rubber mallet should pull it and the clamps out of the frame

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post
                      Kevin, do you know where I can purchase a new set up to make it adjustable again. I received a used ZRA and noticed that the cap screws were missing as I was setting the chair to my settings. Any help from anyone would be appreciated, Jakeyboy, you listening ? mark

Comment

Originally posted by 4tun8 View Post
                        Kevin, do you know where I can purchase a new set up to make it adjustable again. I received a used ZRA and noticed that the cap screws were missing as I was setting the chair to my settings. Any help from anyone would be appreciated, Jakeyboy, you listening ? mark
                        Provided that the wedges are still up in the frame somewhere, you will need this size cap screw (1 3/4" long may also work)...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#92185A253

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                          [ATTACH]37986[/ATTACH]
                          can anyone make video to show me exactly do this adjustment ? Thanks.
                          Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

I have done this to my chair. It's a bit tricky but can be done.

1.You lossen the Allen screw and pull it out.

2.Next get a mallet and hit the footrest downward. This will dislodge the wedge from the clamp (you need to do this because the wedge is sitting on the clamp and hitting against (upwards) will further tighten.

3.If you feel that the wedge is still stuck, use the Allen screw and tap on it but make sure you screw one rotation to guard the wedge thread.

4.Once the footrest, clamp and wedge is out from the frame, reassemble the clamps on both the wedge and push it into the frame to your desired length.

5.Once done lock it with the Allen screw.
                            L1 Burst Fracture Incomplete
                            19th February 1998
                            TiLite ZRA Series 2 01/31/2011
                            New Design Back Hardware replaced by TiLite 03/28/2011

Comment

Originally posted by laidbacklen View Post
                              I have done this to my chair. It's a bit tricky but can be done.

1.You lossen the Allen screw and pull it out.

2.Next get a mallet and hit the footrest downward. This will dislodge the wedge from the clamp (you need to do this because the wedge is sitting on the clamp and hitting against (upwards) will further tighten.

3.If you feel that the wedge is still stuck, use the Allen screw and tap on it but make sure you screw one rotation to guard the wedge thread.

4.Once the footrest, clamp and wedge is out from the frame, reassemble the clamps on both the wedge and push it into the frame to your desired length.

5.Once done lock it with the Allen screw.
                              Thanks Lens, a bit difference from what chagmr tought, I try to let my friend knows.
                              Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X