Top End Force-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drinkypoo View Post
    My guess is that they mass produced a bunch of these driving the cost way down. Would explain the limited options and the fact that it ships in 5 days as opposed to 2 months. I'm seriously considering purchasing one, the only thing that I think that I would change would be the cranks.

Here is another page, translated from polish
    http://translate.google.com/translat...y%2Fsprzet-520
    Good find, you can clearly see the crank in that picture. Looks very much on the narrow side kinda like old school technology. I guess the simple solution would be to put a couple of hand grip extensions on it.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I agree Curt about dumping the mirror etc. I'd keep the alignment guage as I use mine a lot for the bikes and also my chairs. Is quick and easy for camber toe-in/out. Fairly easy to make one though.. I think it is more Sportaide doing the upcosts on the right sided handle. I'm surprized they aren't charging for the cushion. Top End seating is not like the FRH-1 seating position. With my Gold, I needed a strap, with the FRH, I don't. Those from Canada who have had their bikes sent here said that they especially needed the click straps for their Forces and Force R's. Most were quads and higher level paras.

Crank size is 175mm x 14". I'm a broad shouldered guy so think the 14 may be a little narrrow. The crank widths have changed with the new bikes. In the previous racers we used anything from 22 to 26" width cranks. Now they have gone back to narrower widths.

The leg guard protects the legs from scraping the wheels while making a turn so would add that.

The big, big difference in comparrisons with the Force and F2 is the quality of the compnents. Go on the Bike-on.com site and download the mfg. order form and compare against the F2 form. I'm sure they will be okay and again, can upgrade.

Definitely get two steering dampners.

Drinky, Perhaps you could contact Sportaide or even Top End and see if you can change the crank to one you would be better with.

Check out to see if there is any difference in the frame and seat between the two. It may be that T/E is either going to discontinue the Force or change its design and these are frames they have left. Either way, the Force is a good bike, a little low for my liking but is definitely a great bike.

Comment

Hi Curt!

I don´t know how were the crank arms in the past (I began riding a year ago), but serious racers are all using narrow and short crank arms nowadays.

My new Force R are 170mm x 12" and I´m loving it. But if you live in a hilly place, maybe it´ll not be the best setup.

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
        Good find, you can clearly see the crank in that picture. Looks very much on the narrow side kinda like old school technology. I guess the simple solution would be to put a couple of hand grip extensions on it.
        Last edited by Dado; 26 Nov 2010, 2:57 PM.

Comment

Since the rider is basically sitting under the cranks, they can use a narrower crank which enables the higher lesion riders to incorporate more core muscle groups.

Comment

Yes, recommended crank width has changed from narrow back 13 years ago to wide about 9 years ago and now it's back to narrow again. I guess if I were to get one of these handcycles I'd try it with the narrow setup and if it did not feel right put on a pair of extensions which I think I have a couple of pairs in my garage. I think though I'll just stick with my FRH as I find those Forces a little tough getting on and off and also I don't really have the space for more than one handcycle.
            "Life is about how you
            respond to not only the
            challenges you're dealt but
            the challenges you seek...If
            you have no goals, no
            mountains to climb, your
            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Hmm, the force I normally ride has 24" cranks which seem to work well for me. Though I wouldn't mind trying the narrower cranks that come with the force 2 and I may just order it as it is. Anyone have an idea of approximately how much the wider cranks cost if I feel like switching later on?

Comment

my crappy quickie had narrow cranks, i hated the narrow and was always holding the very outside of grips. my Lc-1 has 22, which is standard and just a little narrower than my shoulders, much more comfortable to me.

Comment

i realize this is an old thread, but did any of you actually buy the force 2? if so, how did you like it? better buy than a freedom ryder fhr1A?

Comment

Working...
                  X