No announcement yet.

TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to my DME about my backrest last Tuesday. I have only received my new chair the week before. Finally heard back from the dme and he said tilite is sending an update kit. He also said he doesn't know how long it's going to be before they receive it. You would think they would expedite this.

This is a brand new chair and do not understand why they wouldn't update the chair before it left the factory! As if being in a chair isn't frustrating enough especially when you are new to life in a chair.

Hopefully all the other people that have these chairs in the works of receiving them has the update already applied to it.

Once I get the updated parts I'll keep everyone posted
    Last edited by K-dog; 11-18-2010, 09:39 PM. Reason: Mispell
    www.KeithLarocque.com

Comment

And another bit's broke!

Well just to make sure I'm keeping up with the program the head of one of the bolts has now sheared off just as identified by Texas Wheels in his 3 month review of his ZRa S2.
      Good to know I got the quality parts he did.

Loose pins x 3 times
      Sloppy Back
      Sheared bolt
      ...and counting

Still waiting for the retrofit, maybe by the time it comes my backrest will be lying on the floor!

Comment

Colin, any further update on this issue?
        C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
        Tilite ZRA Series 2
        The DIGITAL AWAKENING
        Living One Day At A Time
        www.petertan.com/blog/

Comment

Still not fixed!!!

Still waiting! I was told by my supplier here in the UK that a specific named Lady from TiLite (not our member here) would call me to apologise in person and to discuss when the solution would be available and so far No Contact, over 1 week has passed.
          My understanding is a complete new mechanism is being manufactured - a mixture between the Series 1 and 2 designs and it will fix everything, supposedly!.
          No one seems to have a date for this although I'm told I will be the first one in the UK to receive the new parts.
          Just to add further insult I was sitting in the house doing nothing when the left tire just went bang, these wheels have barely covered 2 or 3 miles so it's hardly wear and tear.
          Sounds to me like I got one of those "Jinxed" chairs or unlucky ones, does not bode well for the future.
          Personal feeling right now is I wish I had not gone for TiLite, I have a Quickie Argon I got almost the same time and it's been great. I should probably have gone for the Q7 (Helium) but what to do now? hard to back track.
          I'll keep you all posted as the SAGA continues!!!

Comment

Perhaps you should exorcise it to rid it of the jinx?

Jokes aside, thanks Colin for the update, or lack of it. I am awaiting the drawing from Tilite. I hope they solve it fast. Would be so much trouble to get it fixed with me so far away.
            Tilite ZRA Series 2
            The DIGITAL AWAKENING
            Living One Day At A Time
            www.petertan.com/blog/

Comment

If you could you use a fixed-back chair, I'd ask for an exchange. It's possible that yours could be converted into one.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Stephen, the thing is that I am not sure about the optimum seat back angle as the dump for the new chair is different from my current one. I may want to play around with that. That is the reason I am going for the ZRA.
                Tilite ZRA Series 2
                The DIGITAL AWAKENING
                Living One Day At A Time
                www.petertan.com/blog/

Comment

Hmm well I got the replacement hardware kit a couple of weeks ago, it consisted of 3 bolts for each side, so 6 bolts total. That was it, no washers, no nuts for the bolts that need em, just 6 bolts in a bag. I changed mine out 2 weeks go.

Since then the play in the back has still been there and very noticeable. It hasn't wanted to lock in place, I have to manually lock it and then today the bolt that had sheared off on me before did so again with the replacement bolt.

So for me so far, I've had the pin come out that isn't supposed to come out, but after me hammering it back it hasn't came back out at all. The bolts constantly needing to be tightened every few days(have used loc tight), the back always having a bit of play in it that has gotten worse over time, a bolt that sheared off, received replacement kit from TI that was same bolts with different heads on em, used replacement kit, back just as wobbly if not more so, won't lock into place on it's own, bolt that sheared off before sheared off again.

At this point I would love to exchange mine for a fixed back, but I can't see Ti taking my chair back and giving me a completely new one, I don't think there would be a way that they could convert one into fixed back that wasn't already.
                  Most everything I say is

Comment

That sucks. How is it setup? Dump and back angle? Shearing off steel bolts...that is some force! Maybe when the pin came loose it never really went back right?! I dunno, but what a let down. We rely on these chairs for too much to deal with stuff like this. What is the weight limit on the Series 2? Isn't it low...around 200? Wonder if it should have been 175?!?!?
                    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Well my setup it 2.5 inches of dump and the back is at a 2 degree angle. So pretty normal. I believe the weight limit is 250 or 265, I'm about 220. When the 2nd one went today I was just rolling down the sidewalk. Haven't been jumping curbs or going down steps or anything since I replaced the bolts with the ones sent from Ti.

If i was doing something to put force on it then I could see it happening maybe, but since I haven't been doing anything, i can't really see what's causing it other then the design.
                      Most everything I say is

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post

At this point I would love to exchange mine for a fixed back, but I can't see Ti taking my chair back and giving me a completely new one, I don't think there would be a way that they could convert one into fixed back that wasn't already.
                        I asked Ken Winward of Tilite this very question at last year's Abilities Expo in NJ. Unofficially, he ventured that a folder could be converted to a fixed back. Looking at my 2005 ZR, I don't see how that could be done without losing seat depth. . . however, a non-welded, non-folding fixed back could be adapted with tubing that telescopes inside the seat frame tubing.

This is doable, Kevin.
                        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

From my archives. . .
                          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post
                            Well my setup it 2.5 inches of dump and the back is at a 2 degree angle. So pretty normal. I believe the weight limit is 250 or 265, I'm about 220. When the 2nd one went today I was just rolling down the sidewalk. Haven't been jumping curbs or going down steps or anything since I replaced the bolts with the ones sent from Ti.

If i was doing something to put force on it then I could see it happening maybe, but since I haven't been doing anything, i can't really see what's causing it other then the design.
                            I'd be pissed, you seem to be keeping your cool, my hat's off to you. I hope you get it sorted, ASAP.
                            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                              From my archives. . .

I really like this design. Its an option on Per4max everyday and sport chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                                I'd be pissed, you seem to be keeping your cool, my hat's off to you. I hope you get it sorted, ASAP.
                                Oh, I'm plenty of upset about it, I've just never seen a case where some one getting all torn up and mad over something has helped to resolve an issue any faster. I have to much other stuff going on in life to let it be effected by this issue, which it would be if I got all bent out of shape.
                                Most everything I say is

Comment

Working...
                                X