X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive chair!

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
      If something works, why change it? just could improve the footrest adjustament and take out that clamp and do it better.
      That style footrest clamp is fairly common. With its sharp edges it seems like a likely cause for eventual foot and leg scrapes.
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

My backrest quick-rlease bar broke too...

Why do they make it impossible to get parts when you can't wait even a day for this stuff? It's like a secret society, instead of calling up a retailer and saying, send over three screws overnight.

What a mess.
        Last edited by Rich H. - New York; 2 May 2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich H. - New York View Post
          My backrest quick-rlease bar broke too...
          Let me guess, the plastic plug in the end? You're not the only one in that case
          Dots, lines and aeroplanes. my flying adventures.

Comment

Situation is ridiculous. Where you live? Have you had a problem w/ tilite too?

Comment

Hey Rich,

We met one evening last year at Mt. Sinai. I participate in their mentoring program.

TiLite issues aside, I hope you're doing well.

Stephen
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rich H. - New York View Post
                Yeh, I've currently got that problem too (along with a big list of others problems - faulty CF camber bar, backrest replaced, two lots of folding hardware, plus a few other quality related issues).

TiLite won't deal with customers and just pass you off to the company you got the chair from even though it a design/manufacturing defect.

Comment

Fold and lock function

I asked last week if the new hardware for the folding back when redesigned the lock when folded function was left out as my replacement chair only locks in the upright position. It seems that I was provided a replacement chair with the wrong lock/hinge mechanism.
                  Who else has had replacement hardware supplied or fitted, or has bought the chair since it's now fitted as standard?

Comment

Originally posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
                    Who else has had replacement hardware supplied or fitted, or has bought the chair since it's now fitted as standard?
                    Like I said above; 1 x new Ti backrest & 2 x new h/w and it locks (and still rattles) in both positions.

Comment

just could improve the footrest adjustament and take out that clamp and do it better.
                      What clamp would you substitute this with? Pic and link, please.
                      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
                        I asked last week if the new hardware for the folding back when redesigned the lock when folded function was left out as my replacement chair only locks in the upright position. It seems that I was provided a replacement chair with the wrong lock/hinge mechanism.
                        Dang. I got my new hinges and they didn't lock in the folded position, I assumed they eliminated the feature until I read your post and looked at the TiLite parts breakdown. I can see now I will have to order the parts to make mine lock in the folded position. I only fold the back down when I use my hunting truck (Sept-Dec.) so I don't miss the option that much.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                          What clamp would you substitute this with? Pic and link, please.

I wasn`t want to substitute the clamp, what i was saying is that would be better another way to do that, like Oracing do it for example.
                          If you want another clamp you only have to do a google search for bike seat clamps, are tons of them, but are different measurements.

Comment

I wasn`t want to substitute the clamp, what i was saying is that would be better another way to do that, like Oracing do it for example.
                            If you want another clamp you only have to do a google search for bike seat clamps, are tons of them, but are different measurements.
                            Lasher uses a threaded hole and a set screw on the backside of each downtube to hold the footrest in place, works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                              Lasher uses a threaded hole and a set screw on the backside of each downtube to hold the footrest in place, works like a charm.
                              Yes, same as Oracing

Comment

my rgk footrest was the same (bought 2000)

Comment

Working...
                                X