finally got my LC-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally got my LC-1

the UPS man just dropped it off. No wonder it took so long, how many times did they have to pack it to get into such a tiny box?

Very tiny . . . enjoy the assembly, and post pics (after you ride of course)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

wow...that looks like it will be fun to put together!
      "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
        Very tiny . . . enjoy the assembly, and post pics (after you ride of course)
        Yea what he said
        I'm interested to switch from top end to these guys. Spoke to the owner and am looking forward to trying the different models.

Comment

It'll take less than an hour tops to set it up. Well, maybe a little longer being this is your first one.

Looking forward to seeing it setup. You're going to love the bike once it's dialed in.

Comment

Originally posted by roller View Post
            Yea what he said
            I'm interested to switch from top end to these guys.
            Same here!
            Mike
            T4 since 2003 motocross accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
              It'll take less than an hour tops to set it up. Well, maybe a little longer being this is your first one.

Looking forward to seeing it setup. You're going to love the bike once it's dialed in.
              assembly of bike didn't take as long as removing all the zip ties, tape, and foam from shipping. definitely need to fine tune it, it's a little "floppy" now. i don't see any problem with it tipping over, i fall out before it tips over, so i don't see an issue with that. i will work on it later today. my kids rode it around and think it is so cool.

Comment

It's gonna work those core muscles bigtime JS. As the speed increases and your fitness gets better, the floppyness will stabilize. Keep the tire pressure up.

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
                  my kids rode it around and think it is so cool.
                  Chas
                  TiLite TR3
                  I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                  <
                  UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

my kids had a hard time riding it, so i don't feel so bad about the balance problem. just sitting in it sitting still and turning side to side is a workout without the pedaling involved. IT IS REALLY COOL THOUGH, unique feeling. much different feel than the Force G i tried out, not even comparable, 2 totally different machines.

Comment

just sitting in it sitting still and turning side to side is a workout without the pedaling involved.
                      Does it provide a good abdominal workout? I have decent balance, but my gut is growing. Do you think it would help reduce an oversize gut better than a headset-steer?
                      Chas
                      TiLite TR3

<
                      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

you bet it would chas. Leansteers work the lower core esp. obliques incredibly well.

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                          Does it provide a good abdominal workout? I have decent balance, but my gut is growing. Do you think it would help reduce an oversize gut better than a headset-steer?
                          i thought i had good balance till I got on it, then i had some other people try it out and they had just as hard time, i can tell it's just a learning curve though, just gotta find the secret way to lean with out going too far over, all technique like anything else with SCI. i sat in it for about 10 minutes last night just leaning back and forth and i was working muscles i didn't know existed i think. thought i had found all those after my injury.

Comment

i thought i had good balance till I got on it, then i had some other people try it out and they had just as hard time, i can tell it's just a learning curve though, just gotta find the secret way to lean with out going too far over, all technique like anything else with SCI. i sat in it for about 10 minutes last night just leaning back and forth and i was working muscles i didn't know existed i think. thought i had found all those after my injury.
                            Its going to take time to learn how to ride it properly. When I first got my leaner back about ten years ago I felt like a drunk sailor the first time I rode it. The second time went much smoother and the third ride I had really got the hang of it. Just don't ride alongside a road where there is traffic the first few rides until you get the hang of it.
                            "Life is about how you
                            respond to not only the
                            challenges you're dealt but
                            the challenges you seek...If
                            you have no goals, no
                            mountains to climb, your
                            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I used to be an avid cyclist (pedal & motor). I loved to lean to steer (didn't require abs though). Is steering a leansteer anything at all like steering a bike by leaning?
                              Chas
                              TiLite TR3

<
                              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
                              X