A New Forum Category?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Forum Category?

Would it be helpful to add a separate forum category addressing handicapped-accessible automobiles and associated automobile modifications?

The new section would be particularly suited to topics like; for example, the many different wheelchair-related car, van, and truck modifications posted here. The new forum would also be well suited to topics like the new MV-1 and other wheelchair accessible vehicles.

Based upon a cursory look at the CCC's individual forums, it appears that there may be sufficient discussion volume to warrant a dedicated category. What do you think?
    Yes - It Would Be Useful
    77.27%
    No - It Would Not Be Useful
    22.73%

The poll is expired.

Wow! 100% approval!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

with sticky's of videos of how users enter and exit every kind of vehicle. new drivers (especially quads) could get a better idea of what they're in for as far as ease/difficulty and the amount of time it takes.

Comment

I always thought it would be nice to separate power and manual wheelchair sections also... From an equipment point of view...

Comment

so wheelchair modification should be in equipment or modification?

i agree, but now i need to check 2 sections.
          walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

Regarding

... so wheelchair modification should be in equipment or modification? ...
            Wheelchairs, and wheelchair modifications, would generally not be related to the new automobile-centric forum.

Comment

Equipment subcategories!

example:
              Power Chairs
              Daily Living Equipment
              Manual Chairs
              Auto Related
              Sports Chairs

...or something like that

Comment

Agree with Captain

Subcategories are a good idea. All DME sites use them.

I posted a question about a toilet seat problem, yesterday. Almost 24 hours later, its lost beneath wheelchair posts, with no answer to my question.

Comment

This particular poll suggests the possibility of placing the new automobile-centric forum category on the same level as this equipment category.
                  Last edited by WC_Sage; 27 Oct 2010, 9:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WC_Sage View Post
                    The new forum would also be well suited to topics like the new MV-1 and other wheelchair accessible vehicles.
                    Has anyone seen a MV-1 in person yet? Could be interesting.

Comment

Topics like Tevsun's:

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140507

could also be suited to the new forum.

Comment

In my personal opinion, I have never had a problem finding information I was searching for. The Search feature works fine on my computer and is very easy to use. Too many categories and the forum looses its effectiveness and becomes too difficult for the average and novice users.
                        Millard
                        ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Comment

as someone who is just learning how to drive and has a million questions about everything related to it, i'd love to see a forum like that.
                          mitochondrial disease complex 1 deficiency, suspected HSP
                          type 3 ehlers danlos syndrome w/ type 1 overlap, g and j tubes
                          aspergers & friends
                          survivor of 2 TIA strokes

Comment

The search box works fine for me too, Plus the quipments forum and forum by cateories already exist (on far left of main page) . The mods do a great job keeping things together. Sometimes things do dissappear.
                            coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Comment

Originally posted by coolbreeze View Post
                              The search box works fine for me too, Plus the quipments forum and forum by cateories already exist (on far left of main page) . The mods do a great job keeping things together. Sometimes things do dissappear.
                              I agree with this. Too many categories means and I'm more likely to miss something of interest...

Comment

Working...
                              X