Comment

I like the blue upholstery.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
        I like your chair, very nice, enjoy it.
        Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
        I like the blue upholstery.
        Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        Wow! Beautiful chair! Thanks for getting pics up so soon. We've all been excitedly waiting! Enjoy!
        Originally posted by WCmom View Post
        That is a georgeous blue!
        Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
        sweet man, I cant wait until I get mine
        Thank you
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Been reading about the sore back so came to look at the photos again. How tall are you and what is your seat to shoulder measurement?

I will be going with a contour back for stability et al. I am trying to visualize the backrest height.

Thanks
          Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
            Been reading about the sore back so came to look at the photos again. How tall are you and what is your seat to shoulder measurement?

I will be going with a contour back for stability et al. I am trying to visualize the backrest height.

Thanks
            I'm 68" tall. My seat to shoulder height is about 26+" (from seat pan). In the pics, the back height is 14; I'm now running 17" (cushion thickness of 3" excluded). Per SCI_OTR's rule of thumb, the back now reaches just (1-2") into the bottom part of my rib cage. I may try lowering it a tad gradually in the future; but may not.
            Chas
            TiLite TR3
            I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
            <
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
              Thank you

Tires? here's pic from AeroZ's order form:
              [ATTACH]37446[/ATTACH]

I have been unable to find anything like it on the web. Its side wall says "By Spartech," "Aero-Flex," "24x13/8 (540 mm)." TiLite claimed it was non-marking, and they appear to be right so far.

I am loving the Natural Fits.

spox$? don't know.
              How's the performance of the solid tire, after riding for few days?
              Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
                I rode on them for 7 months, being a quad I didn't want to mess with tire pressure or flats. After ditching them for some SpeedRuns I can tell you without hesitation that solid tires are horrible. The hi-pressure pneumatics roll at least 3 times further with the same effort. And the ride is far superior on regular tires.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                  I rode on them for 7 months, being a quad I didn't want to mess with tire pressure or flats. After ditching them for some SpeedRuns I can tell you without hesitation that solid tires are horrible. The hi-pressure pneumatics roll at least 3 times further with the same effort. And the ride is far superior on regular tires.
                  The buddha smiles.

There's nothing to fear from pneumatics and quite a bit to gain.

Comment

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
                    I can compare these (black) only with the solid tires (gray) on the Q2 I was using. These seem harder; the chair rolls easier, but their grip isn't so good. When I brake while moving at a good clip on pavement, they slide a lot more than the gray ones did, which is a bit unnerving!

Do pneumatics roll well and have good grip? I originally considered Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Reflexes. What do you guys think? And how well do they grip in damp grass?
                    Last edited by chasmengr; 31 Oct 2010, 10:34 AM.
                    Chas
                    TiLite TR3

<
                    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by radio_buddha View Post
                      There's nothing to fear from pneumatics and quite a bit to gain.
                      I should have took your advice sooner, my shoulders never hurt after switching. And as you've said - get a bike guy to install the pneumatics, no problems with flats. I've ridden through unavoidable glass without fear. Just keep the pressures up. 145 psi once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                        Why is it so ?

I thought solid tire suppose can roll better ?

Before this I am using pneumatics tire, I always get half flat tire, and have difficulty to roll.

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                          I can compare these (black) only with the solid tires (gray) on the Q2 I was using. These seem harder; the chair rolls easier, but their grip isn't so good. When I brake while moving at a good clip on pavement, they slide a lot more than the gray ones did, which is a bit unnerving!

Do pneumatics roll well and have good grip? I originally considered Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Reflexes. What do you guys think? And how well do they grip in damp grass?
                          Chas,

I have the Schwalbe Marathon Pluses and I love them but they don't grip great when they're wet..... This was going to be my first winter with them but, because they don't grip well when wet, I'm going to get some snow tires

WG

Comment

I got Spartech Shox 110 psi equivalent about 4 months ago, and they do push a little bit harder than the 110 psi pneumatics I was using - when they were at 110 psi. My problem is that I don't have easy access to a compressor, and within a couple of days, the pneumatics were below 100 psi, and by the time I would get around to airing them up, they would be down to 65 or 70 psi. In my situation, I'm really happy with the trade-off of a little less performance for always having easy pushing and no flats.
                            Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                            T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

I purchased a very nice floor pump from a local bike shop this summer and have someone pump up my tires every couple weeks or so. Being a floor pump, it is easy to keep in the house and doesn't take up much room.

It is a, Specialized AirTool Pro, and has a built in gauge to 150 psi.; I have been very pleased with it, but it isn't cheap, $80 (it was $70 when I purchased it). I know someone that works at the bike shop and used his experience in choosing a good one.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...jsp?spid=47577
                              C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                                I got Spartech Shox 110 psi equivalent about 4 months ago, and they do push a little bit harder than the 110 psi pneumatics I was using - when they were at 110 psi. My problem is that I don't have easy access to a compressor, and within a couple of days, the pneumatics were below 100 psi, and by the time I would get around to airing them up, they would be down to 65 or 70 psi. In my situation, I'm really happy with the trade-off of a little less performance for always having easy pushing and no flats.
                                me too, flats always bordering me.

Comment

Working...
                                X