New round betty wheel design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
    Nice wheel, different, but that wheel only is ok for sports, not for everyday, that holes you`ve got in the rims are perfect for shit come in, and if you go to the beach.... if rains water will come in too, if something caught into a hole could ruin the wheel and etc. but i like you, i can see you want to do different things and that`s good, go on with your wheels, probably one day you will take out to the market one model of wheel that will make your rich.

Do something like Crank Brothers wheels, put a hub for a wheelchair and a push rim and you will have your first customer with me
    is not necessary do a wheel lighter than a LX, just do it cooler, don`t worry if weight a few grames more.
    We have not experienced any problems with water or material getting trapped in the wheels. I will continue to roll on them and see..and also check with other people who have been using them for a few months now. We will probably have an option for the wheels without the rim windows for people who would prefer that look.

Comment

Erick, Please explain the selection process that would lead a customer to choosing one Round Betty wheel over another.
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

will I be able to get these with a foam-coated handrims?

Comment

I was going to modify a bike wheel for my chair, but i had a problem with 24", there are no bike wheels in that size
          Are you sure?

Bike Works NYC
          Chas
          TiLite TR3
          Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
          I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
          <
          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
            Are you sure?

[ATTACH]37383[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]37384[/ATTACH]

Bike Works NYC
            No in the brands i would like, i want a top bike wheel, and there aren`t much in 600

Comment

Toto, I thought Mavic made a 540 rim, but I can't find it now.
              Chas
              TiLite TR3
              I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
              <
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I love this wheels, but in black.

Comment

very nice!
                  Chas
                  TiLite TR3

<
                  UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Definitely have the cool factor
                    Aspergers,hypotonic CP, Autonomic Issues.

Disney OBSESSED family

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                      will I be able to get these with a foam-coated handrims?

Yes - We will most likely be offering the handrims in a foam and vinyl coated and option.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                        Erick, Please explain the selection process that would lead a customer to choosing one Round Betty wheel over another.

Stephen ,

It all depends on what the person is looking for in a wheel. For me personally key features would be weight/performance/durability/style. Both the Dino and the A-24 are comparable across the board. Even though the A-24 is a little lighter I don't believe it is noticeable in true everyday use. The main diference between the two wheels are spoke count. If you like the look and having the access of reaching through a low spoke count than the Dino might be the wheel you would prefer if its not a requirement and you like the look of spokes than the A-24.

Comment

Since the question of price is bound to come up. . .

Dinos are offered at $689 for a set pretty much everywhere. The A-24s, according to your first post, are estimated to retail for $599, a $90 savings (estimated). First, what accounts for the difference in price and second, if they're essentially the same performance-wise, why buy the Dinos when the A-24 gets you to pretty much the same place?
                          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Erick, the A-24 looks impressive! Is the stiffness equal to or superior to the Dino? Will it be available in 12 spokes?

Comment

I love this wheels, but in black.
                              beli these circles are for the wheelchair 24 ...... have a site Inernet

Comment

erm...i think roundbetty a24's hub can be modded to fit this wheel...but doesnt have the same spoke configuration...=/
                                walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

Working...
                                X