No announcement yet.

My new Quickie GTi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try out the wheelie spin, the balance of the chair is excellence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd1JxeCGBcQ
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Hi sowseng

I grew up poor so I just made what I could with whatever was around .
      Yes I can weld , I built 2 chairs that served me well for years . It taught me alot about the fundamental dynamics and possibilities anyone can do to basically customize a chair to their particular necessity .
      Took 2 years of mechanical drawing and engineering .

I have a heart bigger than me literally I truly care so much about people that I put others ahead of myself . Maybe someday i'll go do missionary work because of my unique personality ...
      Also I understand what you said about corruption in maylasia etc... & I feel bad when people suffer .
      I wish I could help people more ..

Hi Wheeliecoach you are so kool and I like your ideas
      Thank you
      Sincerely ;
      GL

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
        Thank you
        Sincerely ;
        GL
        Thanks GL!
        "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi sowseng

I grew up poor so I just made what I could with whatever was around .
          Yes I can weld , I built 2 chairs that served me well for years . It taught me alot about the fundamental dynamics and possibilities anyone can do to basically customize a chair to their particular necessity .
          Took 2 years of mechanical drawing and engineering .

I have a heart bigger than me literally I truly care so much about people that I put others ahead of myself . Maybe someday i'll go do missionary work because of my unique personality ...
          Also I understand what you said about corruption in maylasia etc... & I feel bad when people suffer .
          I wish I could help people more ..

Thank you
          Sincerely ;
          GL
          Hi,

You are great, you can build your own chair, do you have any picture for that? How I wish I can do that as well. You took up courses of mechanical drawing and engineering ? What kind of missionary work you have in your mind ? Are you a believer of any religions?

Yup, I have the same feeling like you too. I always feel uneasy when seeing people around me with needs and yet cannot do much to help them. The only thing I can do the most, just pray for their blessing.

Regards,
          sowseng

Comment

Hi again sowseng
            I hope you are having a pleasent day

If I can find some old pictures of it oldie chromies chairs i'll gladly post a picture I had 2 of them lol both were , very old back when metal was good quality . They both were folders . I welded one with a stick welder or as we called them Buzz boxes .

Them old chromies as I call them are a good starting platform for a person who wants to tweak / goof around with ideas . But make sure you have a good back up chair before tearing into your main one . As some of us still use chromies .

A idea may pop in someones mind then it may be a building block leading to the next step .
            We learn from following a concept , I just made do with what I had .

Back then chrome was a big thing like old car bumpers .
            Have a good weekend

Sincerely;
            GL

Comment

Hi again sowseng
              I hope you are having a pleasent day

If I can find some old pictures of it oldie chromies chairs i'll gladly post a picture I had 2 of them lol both were , very old back when metal was good quality . They both were folders . I welded one with a stick welder or as we called them Buzz boxes .

Them old chromies as I call them are a good starting platform for a person who wants to tweak / goof around with ideas . But make sure you have a good back up chair before tearing into your main one . As some of us still use chromies .

A idea may pop in someones mind then it may be a building block leading to the next step .
              We learn from following a concept , I just made do with what I had .

Back then chrome was a big thing like old car bumpers .
              Have a good weekend

Sincerely;
              GL
              Hi,

Thanks for your sharing, I learn so much from you all. I will go and find friends to try out with ideas. I have a nephew who is a industrial design graduate, and I am an artist, I think we can experiment something out.

Hava nice weekend.

sowseng

Comment

Hi there Sowseng
                You seem very creative like myself and I find you very down to earth
                They say Creativity is the Mother of Invention

With that said I truly feel most anyone has the capabilities to expand and follow their dreams
                I am a overthinker and Geekette who loves to follow my ideas and improvise

All of my life I never knew how to do things other peoples way because I do things my way
                I've learned from my mistakes and fabricated old junk wheelchairs modified to my expectations / made the best of what ever I had at that time because of my inquisitive quest to be original and follow a Dream ( Goal )

I love engineering and Drafting so to me the sky is the limit

I've worked in factories on assembly lines and understand fundamentals of desighning and working with metal fabrication usually Steel or Aluminum but I am good at what I do

My #1 inspiration comes from God
                Anything is Possible and nothing is impossible

Someday i'd love to actually work at a wheelchair manufacturing plant where I could do some of my engineering to help people out as this is what I love to do

It may require me relocating to another state or country but I love helping people and this is my life ...
                Keep Smiling
                Sincerely ;
                GL

Comment

Hi there Sowseng
                  You seem very creative like myself and I find you very down to earth
                  They say Creativity is the Mother of Invention

With that said I truly feel most anyone has the capabilities to expand and follow their dreams
                  I am a overthinker and Geekette who loves to follow my ideas and improvise

All of my life I never knew how to do things other peoples way because I do things my way
                  I've learned from my mistakes and fabricated old junk wheelchairs modified to my expectations / made the best of what ever I had at that time because of my inquisitive quest to be original and follow a Dream ( Goal )

I love engineering and Drafting so to me the sky is the limit

I've worked in factories on assembly lines and understand fundamentals of desighning and working with metal fabrication usually Steel or Aluminum but I am good at what I do

My #1 inspiration comes from God
                  Anything is Possible and nothing is impossible

Someday i'd love to actually work at a wheelchair manufacturing plant where I could do some of my engineering to help people out as this is what I love to do

It may require me relocating to another state or country but I love helping people and this is my life ...
                  Keep Smiling
                  Sincerely ;
                  GL
                  Hi GL

Yup, agree, always be yourself. Though I was born and raised up in a very traditional Asian family, my strong character always want to be what I want to be. Old Asian parents don't encourage their children to have big dreams, even small dreams. They will turn you down, tell you all the facts fo life etc.

But I always believe in God's wonder, He always perform miracles. Nothing is impossible, just the times matter. He created the world, as a creation of His, we all have creativity, just that some people make use of the creativity more than the others.

Talking about creativity, I would say because I am lazy, always want to do thing in a easy way. I am always lazy, like to sleep a lot, hahah. Intends to work out a wheelchair frame for sport use purpose with my wheelchair technician, I wish it can be done soon.

Regards

Comment

GTi on the road celebrating the international disabled day.

Comment

GTi meet up with GTX in the celebration of international disabled day.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Yes! Cool!
                          Chas
                          TiLite TR3
                          Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                          I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                          <
                          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by Dynahmite View Post
                            Cool!

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                            Yes! Cool!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X