My new Quickie GTi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
    I told you time ago, GTI is one of the heavier ultralights, i tried it, it was ok but a bit heavier if we compared with others, but anyway a good one, enjoy!

So, you can`t do this with your chair?
    wow, I can't do that with a hand, how light is your chair ?
    even as I take off the wheel is still heavy, loading to car is troublesome.
    But I remember, when I tried the demo chair it is not as heavy as now.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
      The natural fit rims, antitippers, seat cushion, side guards, and arm rests all add a lot of weight. The frame really is quite light. When I got my first chair it had all of those, the antitippers went first, then the side guards, and after about 6 months, i ditched the arm rests - THEN I had a light chair! I always use gloves for pushing and stopping when I'm outside.

Don
      I take off everything is still heavy like anything, still prefer Tilite, really light.
      I should take Q7, when the insurance offer me.
      But I consider the durability, so choose GTi.

Comment

haha...its not the question of how light it is.look at his biseps and triceps.twice as big as mine...still, i can lift my TR with a hand, but need my elbow as a fulcrum...i guess toto did the same.his elbow is at the tire.but still, i cant lift it high like that, and not to mention, i cant even hold it for 10 secs.just enough to lift it into the car...
        walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

[QUOTE=nia adha;1271202]haha...its not the question of how light it is.QUOTE]

Yep, is a combination of an ultralight chair and a bit strong guy.

Well, this is not me and is another ultralight.

Comment

So, you can`t do this with your chair?
            I normally stay in the chair and lift the bench.
            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Now scratching my head on how to load my chair in and out the car easily, is so much heavy than the old China made aluminium rigid chair.

And I have shoulder tear before, try to avoid injure again.

Comment

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
                Now scratching my head on how to load my chair in and out the car easily, is so much heavy than the old China made aluminium rigid chair.

And I have shoulder tear before, try to avoid injure again.
                If you are not avaible to load that chair with that little size into you car easily, i think the problem is not the chair, is you, do a bit exercises for get a bit stronger.

Anyway you could try taking out your 5" softroll casters and change them for 4" softroll, just put them in the under hole and you will keep your FSH, you will save a few grames that maybe make easier for you holded up.

Comment

If you are not avaible to load that chair with that little size into you car easily, i think the problem is not the chair, is you, do a bit exercises for get a bit stronger.

Anyway you could try taking out your 5" softroll casters and change them for 4" softroll, just put them in the under hole and you will keep your FSH, you will save a few grames that maybe make easier for you holded up.
                  Thanks totoL1, all the while I have muscle problem and lost my waist muscle too, for I am a polio case. Further more, now I have post polio syndrom.

That's a part of the armrest holder I wish to take out totally, but I am not sure can it be taken out, because it has few screw joining with the backrest.

Comment

I wonder is this the color I order, it doesn't look shiny. I suppose natural titanium satin finish look shiny but my chair look grey and dull.

any opinion ?

Comment

Hi sowseng,

The armrest holder can be removed. Just put the bolts back in. See page 143 here; http://www.sunrisemedical.com/xml/na...uickie_gti.pdf

Maybe also put some Loctite blue 243 (or 242) on the bolts and nuts (in general).

As for Quickie titanium satin finish, it is grey and dull, polished would have been more bling if that is what you wanted.

Good luck.

Comment

I wonder is this the color I order, it doesn't look shiny. I suppose natural titanium satin finish look shiny but my chair look grey and dull.

any opinion ?
                        You have to polished.

Comment

Thanks Leif and Toto, any specific polisher ?

Comment

For this you have to ask totoLi, I like my chair grey and dull

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                              For this you have to ask totoLi, I like my chair grey and dull
                              Actually I like the way it is too, though not what I order.

Comment

You will need to sand before that frame if you don`t want to be polishing the rest of the year

Well, i can`t tell you assure with what paper you have to start because that is something that i know when i start sanding.

So if someday you decide to polished here is what you have to do:

-leave the frame naked
                                -start sanding with water paper 250 for example, after 400, after 800, after 1200 after stell wool 0000, when you know that you have finish with one number of paper and you have to go to a higher number is something that give you the experience.
                                -once is perfect sanded start polishing with polish metal paste , with a polishing disk in the drill, have a look at youtube of polishing videos.

A good option when you are bored of your titanium colour, sand perfect your frame and take out every little scracth and give a powder coating paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X