No announcement yet.

Carbon fiber solid seat pan by strips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, it`s nice, but i didn`t do it thinking how pretty would be, i just did it because i hated my sling seat tension by strips and i was looking for a strong and light material for have a solid seat with a bit of suspension, and the best one for do it was CF, the result was perfect IMO.
    Last edited by totoL1; 13 Jan 2011, 1:42 PM. Reason: wrong words.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
      Yea, it`s nice, but i didn`t do it thinking how pretty would be, i just did it because i hated my sling seat tension by strips and i was looking for a strength and light material for have a solid seat with a bit of suspension, and the best one for do it was CF, the result was perfect IMO.
      Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and form follows function.

Like I said, pretty.

Comment

Erick was the second guy who have this type of seats, i can`t say how his seat works because is a different material than mine, i hope he tell us.
        You can see how much cooler the chair becomes.

I can see in the future brands giving this type of seats like an option.
        Yes, i know nobody is going to see it once we are seating in the chair, but this seats worth with their bit of flex, nobody is going to see it, but you are going to feel it.

Comment

what kind of locks are those?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
            what kind of locks are those?
            Elementary my dear Watson. They're Surelocks.
            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
              Elementary my dear Watson. They're Surelocks.
              I like the fact they have separate cables running to each piston rather than using the "Y" system that D's Locks use.

Kind of iconic, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                I like the fact they have separate cables running to each piston rather than using the "Y" system that D's Locks use.

Kind of iconic, don't you think?
                D's uses 3 lesser quality cables; Surelock uses 2 very high quality cables, which lessens the number of components that can potentially become damaged or defective.

Eventually you'll have to spec a chair that has a set.
                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

custom carbon fiber solid seat even here, soon some photos...

3mm thickness, but I don't feel any flex (I weight about 67kg)...
                  T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

1st Italian physiotherapist on a wheelchair

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_PT View Post
                    3mm thickness, but I don't feel any flex (I weight about 67kg)...
                    You will feel the flex going down curbs, the seat will absorb part of the jump, but for that it has to be by strips, you will have to find the sizes of strips that works for you and your chair.
                    You can see in the end of this video the flex i`m speaking about, of course riding in smouth surface you are not going to feel nothing.

Comment

Awesome job!

I love what you did with the seat pan, do you sell these kits? Also I would love to get cf clothing guards like you show in the picture. The ones I have from TI Lite are cf also, but not contoured to the wheel so they look somewhat awkward. Let me know about the seat pan and side guards, thanks.

Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by Flyarmy91 View Post
                        I love what you did with the seat pan, do you sell these kits? Also I would love to get cf clothing guards like you show in the picture. The ones I have from TI Lite are cf also, but not contoured to the wheel so they look somewhat awkward. Let me know about the seat pan and side guards, thanks.

Forrest
                        Yes, i would do it to you if you want, send me a private and i will give you my email.

Comment

Toto,

I have a ZRA2 and the fabric seat attaches with screws into the frame (pictured below) Do you think it is possible to attach a CF solid seat using those holes or would they be too close to the edge of the CF sheet?

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                            Toto,

I have a ZRA2 and the fabric seat attaches with screws into the frame (pictured below) Do you think it is possible to attach a CF solid seat using those holes or would they be too close to the edge of the CF sheet?
                            You don't need to bolt the CF to the seat frame. Instead, attach the strips to the frame with Velcro.
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

You rock, bro; Great stuff!! We need lots more of this; we've gotta come up with these ideas for ourselves because no one else is going to; not the right way anyway.
                              Rick Goldstein
                              GO! Mobility Solutions
                              facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                                You don't need to bolt the CF to the seat frame. Instead, attach the strips to the frame with Velcro.
                                If I have to I will do the velcro, i just think that screws would look cleaner.I know it's under my cushion and no one would see it but it's all about the little details.

Comment

Working...
                                X