No announcement yet.

Carbon fiber solid seat pan by strips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was pretty much your setup that I copied JeffH. The pictures you posted earlier in the post helped a lot.

We've kept the brackets on, but I also don't see why they are needed, and we may take it off at some point.

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    I did the same several years ago.

Also tossed the ADI seat hardware - it's not needed for strength or any other reason - just velcro works fine.
    ADI probably supplies the brackets solely to avoid holes at the edge of the baseboard, which of course aren't needed with the velcro.

Jeff
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

• Do you happen to know the thickness of the ADI seat pan? Thanks.

Comment

• These are the specs on our 16" x 18" ADI seat base purchased in 2013:
        • Carbon fiber laminate with a Nomex honeycomb core "sandwich panel"
        • CnC machines mounting hardware
        • Thickness: 1/8" / 0.1250mm
        • Trim: 5/16" / 7.93mm
        • Weight seat base w/ mounting hardware: approx. 1.5 lbs / 678 grams
        • Weight mounting hardware: 0.8 lbs / 360 grams
        • Weight seat base: 0.7 lbs / 318 grams
        • Weight limit: 200 lbs.

Originally posted by rye1945 View Post
        Do you happen to know the thickness of the ADI seat pan? Thanks.
        Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

• I currently have a 1/8th in thick aluminum seat pan and want to switch to carbon fiber.
          I'm 125lbs but workout in my chair and my girlfriend sits on my lap a lot.
          My seat pan is 15in wide and 19in long.
          What material and thickness should I order from dragon plate if I want to route channels out like erickRB's
          Last edited by Wills77; 01-06-2015, 05:35 PM.
          c6 inc since 2-19-11
          ex pro-am motocross racer
          tilite aero z s2

Comment

• Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
            I currently have a 1/8th in thick aluminum seat pan and want to switch to carbon fiber.
            I'm 125lbs but workout in my chair and my girlfriend sits on my lap a lot.
            My seat pan is 15in wide and 19in long.
            What material and thickness should I order from dragon plate if I want to route channels out like erickRB's
            The question is what's the weight of your girl friend and what she will do seating a lot on your laps to determinate the necessary thickness lol

Comment

Working...
            X