Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using your handbike from your living room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using your handbike from your living room?

I bought a handbike but living in CT gives you only few months to bike and buying new cycling device can be expensive. I wonder if is someone is using a handbike from the " living room" putting the handbike on some " stander" or on something that i dont know the word for and if you do where did you buy it and what is it called?
    C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
    (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

Yes, you can put your handcycle on a "trainer" in your living room. Mine is on a trainer in the garage. So you can benefit from the handcycle year round.

http://bike-on.com/product-list/acce...g87/?rb_ct=189
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

perfect thank u
      C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
      (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

Comment

I have a XLT Gold mounted on a 1Up trainer during the winter. You have to remove the front leg supports from the bike to mount the trainer but it's not really a problem since you're not actually moving.

Comment

Hey Dianka - here's my setup:

I took the back end off the bike to save space, but then had to build a stand for the back out of wood. I use a Knetic Fluid trainer and a fan to keep me cool.
          It's pretty easy. Good luck.

Comment

That's cool. I want to make that. Thank you for posting the picture.

Comment

There are also "roller trainers" that look like a couple of rolling pins. I haven't used one myself, but looks like it would work ok and you don't have to take the leg rests off.
              C5 Incomplete - 25 years of experience!

Comment

Working...
              X