No announcement yet.

US v Europe Wheelchair pricing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Sweden, the wheelchairs are expensive but you have tons of beautiful blondes with long legs . Where is the injustice?

*But why you do not order on Sportaid ?
    Last edited by Ballistika; 15 Sep 2010, 1:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
      With the money that is going to cost you that chair in Sweden you could get the Panthera X.
      I know, the Panthera X is only another c.$700 more. However, the X with its skinny little castors would never workout in Sweden considering every town has miles of cobbled streets and pothole covered sidewalks.

Originally posted by Ballistika View Post
      *But why you do not order on Sportaid ?
      Because after Tax & Import duty it will be c.$4,800
      Last edited by sarcastrix; 15 Sep 2010, 1:34 PM.
      Dots, lines and aeroplanes. my flying adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by sarcastrix View Post
        I know, the Panthera X is only another c.$700 more. However, the X with its skinny little castors would never workout in Sweden considering every town has miles of cobbled streets and pothole covered sidewalks.

Because after Tax & Import duty it will be c.$4,800
        With what castors you are going to order the ZR?
        X can be ordered with 5" casters and after you put softroll caster by froglegs and i think it will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
          With what castors you are going to order the ZR?
          X can be ordered with 5" casters and after you put softroll caster by froglegs and i think it will be ok.
          I was wrong, you only can order it with 3", anyway you could take them out and change them for 4x1.5 softrool casters, the fit in the pantheras forks, but you will change differentes parameters of the chairs.

Comment

There is very little you can change with the X, I've had a couple of demo's and its not for me. It's ok to have for as a 'special chair' but for as daily ride, no.
            Dots, lines and aeroplanes. my flying adventures.

Comment

i paid no tax or charges of any kind to import mobility equipment when i lived in uk, and i dont now either (back in ireland). borrow (or buy, 75euro on ebay) a folding chair for trip to us, and order from sportaid. or, get a friend in us to receive your chair from sportaid. meanwhile get someone to drop you at airport in sweden without your chair, use the airline chair to check in and get as far as your seat, use their chair again in us airport to get as far as arrivals hall, where you meet your friend with your brand new chair. i should have done this with my chair, but realised the rules for insurance had changed too late, although i did manage to cancel my spinergy lx wheels from the irish dealers and instead buy them from sportaid at a quarter of the price... the above looks unweildy, but its doable. i last did it in november 08 when i brought home a p222se and a pair of wijits from a weekend trip to boston. i plan on doing it again soon...

Comment

Working...
              X