Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High-Tech Car Door(Disappearing Car Door)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High-Tech Car Door(Disappearing Car Door)

Wow!! Just one word AWSOME. A rotary-system car door for this 21st century

Disappearing car door
    L1 Burst Fracture Incomplete
    19th February 1998
    TiLite ZRA Series 2 01/31/2011
    New Design Back Hardware replaced by TiLite 03/28/2011

Universal Design

This kind of Universal Design benefits everyone.

Now just put in the swivel front seat. Very easy entry access.

GJ

Comment

I admit. That's freakin cool! And useful...

Comment

I like it!

Pat

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Wow, is right! Very cool.
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

tech like that always looks amazing, until you think about what happens when it breaks. Better hope it's under warranty!

Comment

What? Then you go doorless... The doors are only on my Jeep during the coldest winter months anyhow so.. no biggie...

Comment

Originally posted by SirGCal View Post
                  What? Then you go doorless... The doors are only on my Jeep during the coldest winter months anyhow so.. no biggie...
                  That demo car was not a jeep. Just pointing out the practicality. In a perfect world, those doors are fwiggin' awesome and I want them. In my world, crap breaks and I either have to fix it, pay someone to fix it, or go without. Those doors would likely be an expensive version of door number 2.

Comment

Originally posted by taziar View Post
                    That demo car was not a jeep. Just pointing out the practicality. In a perfect world, those doors are fwiggin' awesome and I want them. In my world, crap breaks and I either have to fix it, pay someone to fix it, or go without. Those doors would likely be an expensive version of door number 2.
                    It doesn't have to be a Jeep to enjoy the benefits of going doorless... Too much fun! (even in the rain.. hehe).

If you worry about stuff breaking all the time, you wouldn't buy anything at all. Nothing lasts forever. It all just depends how it's built. If it's hydraulic, it could very well outlast the vehicle itself with minimal maintenance and lubrication... And my guess, with the weight of said door and the speed of operation, it is. (save the window which is likely electric but no different than any other power window.)

Comment

Working...
                    X