Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting E-Motion ECS Remote Control

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Mounting E-Motion ECS Remote Control

    I took delivery of my E-motion M15 power assist wheels a few weeks ago now and I was wondering whether anyone has come up with a suitable mounting arrangement for the ECS remote control unit?

    The optional remote control stand was simply ridiculous and out of the question, the lanyard at that comes with it works but it's not the best look so I was looking at mounting the remote control to the wheelchair somehow. I'd be interested in seeing what others have done with regards to mounting.

    #2
    Just wanted to show anybody that's interested what I came up with.I Use a J2 Deep Contour that has an emblem on the right-hand side of the cushion cover to insert the pocket bracket that came with the remote control. My wife unpicked a few stitches to enable that bracket to slip in and then sewed another firm strap on which can clearly be seen between buttons one and two. Anyway it is clearly better then the options that came with the wheels. Hope somebody finds it useful.
    Last edited by takenaback; 4 Nov 2010, 12:03 AM.

    Comment


      #3
      does anyone know how i can order the mounting hardware for the wheels, i just bought a used set w/o the hardware
      C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
        does anyone know how i can order the mounting hardware for the wheels, i just bought a used set w/o the hardware
        Have you thought of contacting a reseller such as Frank mobility?

        You will have to decide what sort of mounting equipment you want, depends whether you're wheelchair is a folder and also if you want the anti-tip tubes. I am still using the mounting hardware that came with my M12s for my M15s and I have a rigid chair so I received axle housing that goes from one side to the other. I also have different brackets each side as opposed to the ones that are specifically used with the anti-tip tubes. If you haven't realised already you can't use e-motion wheels without the special brackets or fins that lock in.

        Comment


          #5
          Speed adjustment...??

          That looks simple enough...question though do you find the second speed to be a bit crazy to fast? Do you know how to adjust it? Our rep know just about nothing.....

          Comment


            #6
            brake...?

            Does it get in the way of the brake?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by new dimension View Post
              That looks simple enough...question though do you find the second speed to be a bit crazy to fast? Do you know how to adjust it? Our rep know just about nothing.....
              The second speed can be a little crazy and hard to control but I need it when navigating hills.

              I do know how to adjust it, do you have the grey plastic key that came with the remote control and instructions. You need to insert the key in the back of the remote control and follow the instructions. If you need the instructions I can scan them and send via e-mail.

              I have to be conscious that the remote control is there when operating the brake but it's no problem.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by takenaback View Post
                Just wanted to show anybody that's interested what I came up with.I Use a J2 Deep Contour that has an emblem on the right-hand side of the cushion cover to insert the pocket bracket that came with the remote control. My wife unpicked a few stitches to enable that bracket to slip in and then sewed another firm strap on which can clearly be seen between buttons one and two. Anyway it is clearly better then the options that came with the wheels. Hope somebody finds it useful.
                That's great! I'll keep this in mind if I ever get mine :/
                "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
                ~"Vanilla Sky"~

                Comment

                Working...
                X