X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tilite tr X tilite zr series 2

hey people,
    i´m looking for a new rigid wheelchair!
    i like the design of tr model, but the new zr series 2 is sick too.
    wich model do you prefer? why?
    tilite tr is better to ride?
    the new zr2 is lighter than tr?
    tilite are working in tr series 2?
    i live in brazil, so i want this chair for a long time.
    i saw one topic comparing the tilite tr with the tilite zr series 1
    thanks so much

i´m c7 incomplete
    6"2
    165 lbs
    and i´m using a tilite tx

Comment

i use a ZR, the big difference between it and the "T" series is the frame design. I use the z frame because i pop wheels off and put my chair in my car seat, it is easier for me to get around steering wheel with this design. i am very active and the chair sees a lot of abuse,it seems to hold up well.

Comment

I had open frames for quite a while. Went with a Tr this time mainly baecause I like a solid full frame with smaller diameter tubing and it being lighter than the Zr.

Comment

TiLite's published weights show TR as heavier than ZR by 0.6 lbs.
          Chas
          TiLite TR3
          Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
          I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
          <
          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
            TiLite's published weights show TR as heavier than ZR by 0.6 lbs.
            Yes, but that is the old TR compared with the new ZR, the new TR they are working is going to be under 9lbs, and the SL version probably around 8.5lbs or less.

Comment

great news!
              Chas
              TiLite TR3
              I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
              <
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Like Patrick, I'm discovering the advantages of the boxy frame. This EVO is feather-light and seems to maximize the push-to-roll ratio imo. It doesn't look as cool as the z frame tho.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                  Yes, but that is the old TR compared with the new ZR, the new TR they are working is going to be under 9lbs, and the SL version probably around 8.5lbs or less.
                  hey..do you know when the new tr will be ready?
                  i´ll take my new chair in january 2011 and i hope ride in new tr

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                    It stands to reason that TiLite will issue a TR Series 2, but have they officially (or unofficially) announced this?
                    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

tr looks awesome
                      C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                        It stands to reason that TiLite will issue a TR Series 2, but have they officially (or unofficially) announced this?
                        Is not official, it just was me speaking for speak, but ...

Comment

The TR pictured on page 1 of this thread is the TR Series 2. It was released to the public in 2005 replacing the original TR. There are currently no plans to redesign the TR(2) in a Series 3 version. Sorry. (The Marketing Dept. almost had collective heart attacks on this one)

Originally posted by feabud View Post
                          hey people,
                          i´m looking for a new rigid wheelchair!
                          i like the design of tr model, but the new zr series 2 is sick too.
                          wich model do you prefer? why?
                          The ZR/ZRA is our flagship model and most popular. The ZRA is the more adjustable of the 2.

tilite tr is better to ride? The TR has a stiffer, more rigid ride. Think racing suspension vs. luxury suspension.

the new zr2 is lighter than tr? Contingent on frame size - The smaller frames use thinner Titanium so they are lighter. The larger frames use thicker Titanium and will weigh more than the same size TR.

tilite are working in tr series 2? Series 2 is already in production (previously pictured) - since 2005. There are currently no plans to release a TR Series 3.

Best Regards.
                          TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by TiLite View Post
                            The TR pictured on page 1 of this thread is the TR Series 2. It was released to the public in 2005 replacing the original TR. There are currently no plans to redesign the TR(2) in a Series 3 version. Sorry. (The Marketing Dept. almost had collective heart attacks on this one)
                            For the sake of some consistency it stands to reason that the current TR should be called the Series 2 to avoid the unavoidable confusion (and expectation of the next iteration).

And why shouldn't the current TR also be fitted with the new Slipstream forks and back angle hardware?
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Thanks for the local clarification, TiLite. I do agree with Stephen's comments/questions. (at least as options)
                              Chas
                              TiLite TR3

<
                              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
                              X