New ZR2 arrived tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    He is an extremely active user and leans on top of his backrest when pulling his pants up.
    I never noticed that since I have fixed backrest.now that would cause problem to my chair i've ordered, and mine is only ordered with aluminum shaft...(

but anyway, thanks for the heads up SCI_OTR...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post
      Hmm I've always hooked my thumb in my pants and then pushed myself up with the tires at the same time as rolling forward or backwards to pull em up/down. So can't do that with the guards and wouldn't be able to with the fendered ones either. I'll probably figure it out.
      I do the same, but without rolling, i sit in the front of the seat i hooked my thumb in the pants and push up on the fendered sideguards and move my body backwards.

Comment

It's easier putting pants on while in bed, no?
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
          No for a low SCI, in the time necessary to lie down in bed and return to the chair i would have my pants on.
          I could put on pants probably in less 30 seconds, i never get dress in bed with a L1.
          Last edited by totoL1; 21 Aug 2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

well, actually i do wear my pants most of the time in bed.only in some cases i wear it on the chair, if it's inevitable...
            walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

Proivided there is a bed in the public restroom you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                Proivided there is a bed in the public restroom you are using.
                Fortunately, all of my number 2s are done at home, so I've not needed to drop my drawers in a public restroom.
                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Yeah I haven't got dressed/undressed in bed since the first few months after rehab, that's how they taught me there. So much easier in chair.
                  Most everything I say is

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post
                    Yeah I haven't got dressed/undressed in bed since the first few months after rehab, that's how they taught me there. So much easier in chair.
                    I undress from my chair. Pulling up pants while seated, on the few occasions I've tried, required a Herculean effort. Maybe I never learned the proper technique.
                    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

I can can get dressed in the chair, but it's much easier in the bed. I'm T5 complete. Just now realized Aug 15 was the 24th anniversary of my injury.
                      I undress from my chair. Pulling up pants while seated, on the few occasions I've tried, required a Herculean effort. Maybe I never learned the proper technique.
                      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                        I can can get dressed in the chair, but it's much easier in the bed. I'm T5 complete. Just now realized Aug 15 was the 24th anniversary of my injury.
                        August 17 was 28 years for me.

But who's counting?

Comment

...and the 13th was 28 for me, but as you say, who's counting.
                          C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                            ...and the 13th was 28 for me, but as you say, who's counting.
                            Apparently, a number of CC members having nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Funny. And here I felt like I was getting long in the tooth at 4 years...
                              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                                For get dressed in the chair easier than bed you will need some abdominal muscles.

Aug 27 will be my 4th anniversary, you are all invited to my party

Comment

Working...
                                X