Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Spinergy still sell 12 spoke wheels?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Does Spinergy still sell 12 spoke wheels?

    Does anyone know if Spinergy still sells the 12 spoke wheels? I can't find them.

    Are Spinergy wheels as strong as steel spoke wheels?

    Thanks

    #2
    Oops, I found the 12 spoke, so that answers that.

    Comment


      #3
      In my opinion...the Spinergy LX wheels are as strong, if not stronger than the steel spokes. I always am breaking the steel spokes...especially in basketball. Once I got the LX wheels and the sport verson of those wheels, I have not broken one spoke.

      The thinner spinergy spokes are ok for everyday use...but for contact sports, they are not ideal because the nipple that connects the spoke to the wheel is not strong. They snap easily.
      "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

      Comment


        #4
        Roundbetty makes a 12-spoke wheel that is INSANELY strong... Called the dino wheel. Been rockin a pair since february or march and I'm amazed at some of the stuff I've put it through and it's not even damaged. It creaks now which is annoying but all spoked wheels do some.
        I'm Sam.

        Comment


          #5
          I just got a pair of Dinos.They creaked like heck so I called Erick at Roundbetty. He sent a return paid postage for me to send them down. they worked onthe wheels and don't have any creaks and groans anymore. Made a difference in their performance also.

          I've had Spinergy's for years but wanted to try something different and really don't like Spinergy as a company. I doubt I'll go back to Spinergy after the Roundbetty's

          Comment


            #6
            I've had the Round Betty Enzo wheels for about a year and half now. The squeak, ping and creak. According to what Erick the company owner told a friend of mine, the wheels do not make noise. Okay.

            The Enzo are five spoke and I have them in black. I think they are attractive and look airy, which I like. Reaching through for access is pretty good too. I have had to tighten and adjust the bolts holding the pushrims (Erick calls them pushrings) several times and I need to replace a few of the bolts as I stripped the head a little. Wrote to Erick, have heard nothing back.

            I would recommend Round Betty wheels to people but probably better to buy them through a retailer like Sportaid. You've got me curious about the Dino wheels but I think I'm ready to try Spinergys. They are what I wanted before I decided to try Round Betty.

            Thanks for the feedback on the Dinos. As I said, I am curious. Are they heavy? Erick advertises the Enzos as light, but they are exactly the same weight as my original steel wire spoke wheels. The Spinergys are light.

            btw if Erick wants to discuss my comments, he can email me.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by grommet View Post
              I've had the Round Betty Enzo wheels for about a year and half now. The squeak, ping and creak. According to what Erick the company owner told a friend of mine, the wheels do not make noise. Okay.

              The Enzo are five spoke and I have them in black. I think they are attractive and look airy, which I like. Reaching through for access is pretty good too. I have had to tighten and adjust the bolts holding the pushrims (Erick calls them pushrings) several times and I need to replace a few of the bolts as I stripped the head a little. Wrote to Erick, have heard nothing back.

              I would recommend Round Betty wheels to people but probably better to buy them through a retailer like Sportaid. You've got me curious about the Dino wheels but I think I'm ready to try Spinergys. They are what I wanted before I decided to try Round Betty.

              Thanks for the feedback on the Dinos. As I said, I am curious. Are they heavy? Erick advertises the Enzos as light, but they are exactly the same weight as my original steel wire spoke wheels. The Spinergys are light.

              btw if Erick wants to discuss my comments, he can email me.
              Push rims are prone to loosen over time. I would be more than happy to send you replacement fasteners and threadlocker if you want to use that on them. This should take care of any future problems. Anytime there is an issue you can a feel free to call Round Betty. I want you to be happy with your Enzo wheels and any other wheels you purchase from us.

              Comment


                #8
                Now I'm excited about Enzo's. And i just got and LOVE the Dino's. Are they still in production Erick?
                I'm Sam.

                Comment


                  #9
                  i dont think the enzo is...
                  walking is OVER-RATED!!!

                  Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by sam10685 View Post
                    Now I'm excited about Enzo's. And i just got and LOVE the Dino's. Are they still in production Erick?
                    The Enzo is no longer in production when stock is sold out they will no longer be available we are moving on to new designs.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      How much stock is left? I think i'd be interested.

                      oops.
                      Last edited by sam10685; 17 Jul 2010, 12:59 PM.
                      I'm Sam.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm more interested in a minimalist look. ...Not much to the wheel... The 5 spokes to the Enzo interest me but I think I'll wait to see the next product.
                        I'm Sam.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Erick [RB] View Post
                          The Enzo is no longer in production when stock is sold out they will no longer be available we are moving on to new designs.
                          I'm pretty happy with my Enzos. I get lot's of compliments from other chair users. I really like the way they look. The black spokes seem to disappear and having only five, the wheel has an airy look. All that space between the spokes also makes it easy to reach through.

                          How heavy are the Dinos? Are they heavier than the Enzos and how does their weight compare to Spinergy?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X