How is front-frame angle measured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is front-frame angle measured?

Do all manufacturers measure it the same way? I think I've seen diagrams showing different ways of measuring it. Is the angle made from true horizontal or from the seat frame (including specified dump)?

From what I can tell, most measure from seat frame projection (in front of the chair) down to the leg-rest frame. If they took dump into account, every bend would be custom. The clearest info I've seen on this is at the end of Ki Tsunami order form (attached).

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Chas
    Last edited by chasmengr; 18 Jul 2011, 9:19 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

See image below. Top End and TiLite both CAD draw each chair so that the angle will be exact for an given chair's front & rear STF heights. Most other manufacturers put it in the ball park, but the exact front frame angle varies with dump in a manner similar to the table on the Tsunami's order form. Ki is the only manufacturer I know who provides this info on the order form..

Comment

Thank you, SCI OTR. Great feedback!! That's exactly what I wanted.

Chas
      Last edited by chasmengr; 10 Jul 2010, 11:40 AM.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
      X