Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new ultralight wheelchair: Oracing F2V

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    This is the other option if you don`t like tabs, i don`t like it, but everyone have their own taste.
    They are screwed to the frame with rivet nuts, and i like it more with tabs for you can see the entire frame and don`t have holes in it.

    Comment


      #32
      Your chair is beautiful and we enjoyed your video very much! My son, Ben is 18 and a para and is studying Spanish and he enjoyed seeing the video and hearing you speak!
      Hope you continue to love your new chair!

      Comment


        #33
        am curious, can't find any order forms for this chair online to see what options you can choose.
        i did look at the pdf you posted earlier. they didn't ask for a front frame angle just asks for the overall length of the chair.
        did they ask for a preferred front frame angle, or is the angle dependent on the overall measurement of the chair?
        i figure they either work out the front frame angle - based on the length,
        or
        they use a standard angle - 85 or 90 and bend the top of the frame in the right spot to achieve the overall length requested. am interested if you know which they use

        Comment


          #34
          Hi Toto

          Slick ride! I was excited to see your final wheelchair selection, having followed your research here on cc. Love the oracing. The back rigidizer bar is a fabulous idea, and is is so light! great video, too even though I didnt understand it.

          Enjoy your new ride
          "The impossible is just that which hasn't been done yet.Impossible is nothing"

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by mc.mitch View Post
            am curious, can't find any order forms for this chair online to see what options you can choose.

            they use a standard angle - 85 or 90 and bend the top of the frame in the right spot to achieve the overall length requested. am interested if you know which they use

            When you contact them to buy a chair they will send you the order form, which by the way is immense, but i repeat, the options you can choose is all that you want.

            I don`t know why they ask for the total length, i remember when i was ordering the chair i told them that i didn`t know what total length i want, because I am not used at that, all other chairs ask for your front angle.
            So they ask me what angle i want, i told a 85º and with my frame depth they send me this picture and ask;
            -you want it like this?
            -ok

            The order form is to big for post it here, so you can see it here
            1-write the words in the up right corner.
            2-click Descargar Archivo.
            3-wait until the seconds go to 0.
            4-Click Descarga Normal.
            5-Close the publicity.
            6-Click Abrir.
            when they sent it to me it wasn`t finish, so there are no prices yet.

            Originally posted by Miss September View Post
            Hi Toto

            Slick ride! I was excited to see your final wheelchair selection, having followed your research here on cc. Love the oracing. The back rigidizer bar is a fabulous idea, and is is so light! great video, too even though I didnt understand it.

            Enjoy your new ride
            Yes, i love it too jeje.
            The back rigidizer bar is fabulous, the chair have a more racing look, and is like if you have push handles without extra weight.
            Last edited by totoL1; 28 Jun 2010, 4:34 AM.

            Comment


              #36
              Here is the report, you can try to translate with google if you are interesting.

              Comment


                #37
                I'm curious why you chose a 85° front angle over a more compact 90°?



                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by LooseCannon View Post
                  I'm curious why you chose a 85° front angle over a more compact 90°?
                  For me, to have the most compact chair is not the most important, i do rides in it, the stability is more important for me than the compact, so if i go for a 90º the distance between axels will be less, and that traslate into a frame less stable in downhills for example.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Congratulations! That's a beautiful chair.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                      For me, to have the most compact chair is not the most important, i do rides in it, the stability is more important for me than the compact, so if i go for a 90º the distance between axels will be less, and that traslate into a frame less stable in downhills for example.
                      Lean back more . I have to mindful when leaning forward, to pick up or move something heavy, to have my butt all the way in the seat or the chair could become tippy but I've never endoed going downhill. Actually, I have endoed with my XTR 85° angle but it was caused by the froglegs compressing in the gravel (the froglegs are now collecting dust on a shelf).



                      Comment


                        #41
                        Awesome looking chair! Love the seat clamp idea. Gonna try it on my chair.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Wow, I saw they posted these pictures on their facebook page. Amazing looking chair, love their work

                          Comment


                            #43
                            very very pretty
                            but one of your knobbies is mounted backwards

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by beecee View Post
                              very very pretty
                              but one of your knobbies is mounted backwards
                              What`s a knobbie?

                              I knowed that one of the mountanbike tires is mounted backwards, but i had no disere to mounted correct.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                                ...this chair like is in the pics could cost around 3500 euros.
                                not bad... that's < $4300 USD.

                                looks good man.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X